So tired--what do you do?

Options
I've been so exhausted these last few weeks to the point that I've even been taking naps when I get the chance. The only time I have to exercise is early in the morning (around 5:30) and I just can't get myself up to do it. My daughter is 5 months old and I'm working (contract basis so hours vary extremely), so anything that needs to be done in the house gets done only after she goes to bed (around 8 pm), so there is no chance of getting to sleep earlier either.

What do you all do when you are just too tired to workout? Any tricks of the trade for motivating yourself after a few weeks of slack?

Replies

• Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    I've been so exhausted these last few weeks to the point that I've even been taking naps when I get the chance. The only time I have to exercise is early in the morning (around 5:30) and I just can't get myself up to do it. My daughter is 5 months old and I'm working (contract basis so hours vary extremely), so anything that needs to be done in the house gets done only after she goes to bed (around 8 pm), so there is no chance of getting to sleep earlier either.

What do you all do when you are just too tired to workout? Any tricks of the trade for motivating yourself after a few weeks of slack?
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    put on some music and dance!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

No tricks-- just gotta do it. Call me Nike over here, but "just do it."

That's the hardest part, fighting ourselves to do it, but you gotta--

Congrats on the baby-- she's beautiful!
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    When I feel tired I stick to the no mixing diet for a day. Basically I eat fruit for breakfast and eat every two hours making sure not to mix complex carbs and proteins together. This gives me much needed energy and a boost for the day.

Crys
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Nadyasmom, I've been in the same boat as you for the past couple of weeks too. I finally scheduled to go to the gym tonight, and have spent all day talking myself out of it (I have work to do, need to get laundry done, could finally get a good nights sleep)...I guess it just boils down to you being healthy and happy for your beautiful little one as she approaches the crawling/walking stage (right around the corner).

Lately, I've started taking B12 liquid form to help motivate me and it's a nice little charge if taken regularly, without a caffeine high.

Don't worry, we'll push through it together. Warm weather around the corner, so hopefully that will help all of us with our energy.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    WOW - a 5 month old baby and you are dieting and exercising!?!? And working I should add!!! You are amazing!

I drank coffee when my babies were little, and I sometimes needed one in the afternoon to perk me up!

You could get a DVD such as Jillian Michael's Shred (only 20 minutes long) and do that every other day in the early morning, during a nap, or in the evening when your hubby is with Nadya. DO sleep when she sleeps though - that is wise.

Go easy on yourself, you've just had a baby!
    Enjoy her!
    :flowerforyou:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I agree with Marle.
    I've been feeling very tired lately and I have to force myself to hop on my treadmill and walk.
    I put on some great, fast pace music on my MP3 and get to walkin.

:flowerforyou:
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    i force myself to go to the gym every morning at 5... even if I dont want to and would rather sleep. I want to be healthy more than I want to sleep an extra hour.... sometimes it is the hardest part of my day, but i go... and usually when i am done i feel better, and energized for my day.
  • jackiOmy
    jackiOmy Posts: 26
    Options
    Bundle the baby up and go for a walk .
    Be easy on yourself , just having the baby is workout enough , set small goals , You'll do it soon enough . Dance , walk , sing , run the vaccum , all burns calories girly :)

Good Luck we are all hear for ya :)
  • heygirl1954
    Options
    I think everyone would agree that you have to make the time for you!! I try to talk myself out of it , even telling myself I'll only go half the time, but once you get going you want to keep going the full time if not more.. You can do it!! good luck
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I totally agree with the 30 day shred suggestion. I am no where near as busy as you- but I have an internship at a congressional office, I am finishing my last semester of college (yay me!) and I wait table about 30 hrs a week so my time and sleep are very limited. I love the 30 day shred, I've been doing it for about a week now and it boosts my energy, works my whole body, and only takes 45 minutes total to warm up, work out, cool down, and shower off quickly.

Check it out, and good luck!