HRM Help

Options
Hey all,

I got a watch that has a HRM in it and I love knowing how many cal's I burn each workout but what I don't like with the one I have is that I have to stop and press the button to keep checking my heart rate ever so often.
Does any one know where I can get one that just keeps checking it for you on it's own so I can just keep going and get a more accurate number?

Oh and do you know how much one would cost cause my watch was on $69.00

Replies

• SexyMrsCarty
    SexyMrsCarty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I got a watch that has a HRM in it and I love knowing how many cal's I burn each workout but what I don't like with the one I have is that I have to stop and press the button to keep checking my heart rate ever so often.
    Does any one know where I can get one that just keeps checking it for you on it's own so I can just keep going and get a more accurate number?

Oh and do you know how much one would cost cause my watch was on $69.00
  • adnama
    adnama Posts: 34
    Options
    Polar F4 will cost around $90, but it is worth it. It has a chest strap that continuously montiors your heart rate and will alert you when you are in the fat burning zone. It also keeps track of calories burned.
    I'm not sure what the difference is between the f4 and the other Polar HRM's, but the F4 does what I need as far as tracking my HR and showing me my calories burned, and it's cheaper. Look up Polar HRM's and find the one that's best for you and fits your budget.
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    I've got a Polar F7 HRM...it was around the $150 (CDN) mark. As long as I've got the chest strap on & it's running in exercise mode, it will monitor my heart rate & keep track of my calories burned.
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I have a polar hrm which I absolutely love. It was around $90, but it was a gift so I'm not sure the exact price. It has a chest strap that fits under your bra and you can leave it in one of three settings while you work out: displaying the time, displaying how long you've been working out, or displaying your heart rate and calories burned. You only have to push a button to change the setting, but each setting also gives you an idea of your heart rate.
  • SexyMrsCarty
    SexyMrsCarty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much so do I just go to any sports store?
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar F4 on eBay for about $63 with shipping.
  • livinwell
    livinwell Posts: 47
    Options
    There is one on buy.com for $39.64 it has the chest strap and the list of features looks good too.

I purchased mine (Reebok) from buy.com and paid $30 I love it!

http://www.buy.com/prod/heart-rate-monitor-watch/q/loc/66357/203475151.html

As long as you can program it and it has a chest strap it should monitor your heart rate the whole time you have the chest strap on.

Just an idea :flowerforyou:
  • helenwood101
    Options
    I got mine off amazon for quiet cheap compared to everywhere else
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I got a Reebok for $30, no tax, free shipping. Watch & chest strap, does everything I need it to do, and does it very well.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    love my polar f11. worth every cent!