Exercising more than once a day.

Options
so, if I have the energy to work out again (cause i actually have fun doing it! ) should I? or should I skip it? I worked out to Turbo Jams Cardio Party 2 this morning which is 45mins. How much is too much?

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    It depends on intensity, experience, type of exercise, amount of weekly rest, etc.

Twice a day is not harmful per se, but burning yourself out by not resting enough can happen.
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Also if you're doing cardio only (and no muscle/cardio combo movements) you can work out much more because you aren't necessarily putting stress on your muscles and tearing the muscle fibers. If you're lifting weights then your body needs time to rebuild.

I've done 3 hours of cardio in a day before for a week (it was a bet) and I didn't get burned out or anything. You just have to fuel yourself properly and make sure your muscles have time to heal.:flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    when I am cutting I do an early am and a late afternoon workout ...just get plenty of rest and good fuel
  • SassieChik03
    SassieChik03 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do two-a-days twice a week: my AM workout is 30 minutes of strength training and PM workout is 30 minutes of cardio. On my days "in between," I do 30 minutes of cardio. That seems to be working for me right now, but I just started this portion of my journey two weeks ago. Good Luck! :)
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I walk or do elliptical for cardio, and do dumbbells for strength training (at least 5 days a week total)... I used to do one or the other depending on if it was a "cardio" or "weights" day, but because I'm slimmer, it's much harder to burn calories, so I end up having to walk/elliptical on what used to be my "weights only" days.
  • sarammorgan
    Options
    I find myself often working out at least twice a day. I like to get in 60 minutes of workout a day, and sometimes I only have 20 minutes here or 30 minutes there at a time, so I just do it when I can.