Running Clubs

Options
jtintx
jtintx Posts: 445 Member
I have a suggestion for those of you who want to take up running. Check around and see if you have a running club in your area. I had my first group run last night and it was a blast. The people were so friendly and it was fun to run with others. They ran 2 minutes and walked 1 minute in the group I was in. They have different groups based on different fitness levels. Running outside if definately harder than running on a treadmill...but it was so nice to be outside. I put the iPod away halfway through the run....didn't need it. So if you can hook up with a group I say give it a try.

Replies

• jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I have a suggestion for those of you who want to take up running. Check around and see if you have a running club in your area. I had my first group run last night and it was a blast. The people were so friendly and it was fun to run with others. They ran 2 minutes and walked 1 minute in the group I was in. They have different groups based on different fitness levels. Running outside if definately harder than running on a treadmill...but it was so nice to be outside. I put the iPod away halfway through the run....didn't need it. So if you can hook up with a group I say give it a try.
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm trying to become a runner:laugh: and run alone on the treadmill. I want to run my first 5K in June, and this sounds like it will really help!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I always run with a group. I hate running by myself.