What did you eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I always thought salads were healthy... I used to order a chicken caesar wrap at d'angelos because i thought iwas one of the healthier options on the menu.. well i was completly wrong because it was just shy of 1,000 calories with over 50 g of fat... Boy did i learn my lesson.. Just cause things may sound healthy.. if your getting from a fast food place.. they are more than likely not.

Caesar dressing will never be low in calories, fast foor or not - its base is mayo.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Great post. I have definitely been rudely awakened by foods I thought were healthy--like I used to not know that there was LARD in refried beans and I ate one nearly every day for about six months. "Hey, why am I not losing weight?" :noway: Heck, I was lucky I didn't gain it. Of course that was pre: MFP.

Once, some friends and I were eating at Pizza Hut and one of them poo-pooed the two slices of vegie pizza I was eating. She thought she was eating sooo much better than me because she had gotten a salad. I laughed and told her that my lunch was just over 400 calories (I'd added some cucumbers and tomatoes to my plate to eat with a bit of salt and pepper).
    The ranch dressing on her salad was around 120 calories for 2 TBSP, and she'd just dumped about a 3/4 cup of the stuff on her "healthy" salad.
    I'm not saying pizza is super healthy at those places, but it was definitely a better choice than the ranch drenched salad.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Nuts, I know they are better cals than chocolate, but to me they are like Pringles, once u pop u can't stop!

This is me RIGHT NOW!! I have munched on Pistachios all day. I went to enter them into MFP ... then I had to go cry in a corner. WOW oh wow.