New gal, just saying hello.

Options
Hi, everyone. My name is Carrie, and I'm new to MFP. A good friend of mine turned me onto this site since she is having amazing luck with it, so I'm hoping I can do the same.

A little about me... I'm 27 years old and from NJ (USA). I work in the funeral business, and am going to school full-time to become a licensed funeral director. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, love hot rods, harleys, am covered in tattoos and piercings, and am a struggling vegan (I struggle with the cheese sometimes, but I do NOT eat meat. Been a full-fledged vegetarian for almost two years).

I'm so tired of hearing "you have such a pretty face!" when it comes to looks. I don't want people to make awkward social cliches when my weight is in question. I want to get fit, healthy, and happy.. so who I am on the inside can really shine through. I'm tired of letting weight define me.

I have PCOS, pseudotumor cerebri (which has caused me some hearing loss), had a partial knee replacement in June 2011 (9th right knee surgery, sports injury), various surgeries on my left knee, gallbladder removed January 2011 (I'm Native American, and we are prone to gallbladder disease), and am ready for all this to stop. I need to find like-minded people who are willing to support and help me through my journey, and in return, I'll be there for you.

Replies

• hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Add her ^^^ She's awesome
  • DarthNox
    Options
    <3 you ;)
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    I sent you a friend request Carrie. It is nice to meet you.
  • Julesbriff
    Julesbriff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site - love the support you get here. Have only been on the site myself for about 5 days - so looking for lots of support. Will send a request xx
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I am new here too :)
  • shanneyrf
    Options
    I am sending you a request Carrie :)

10486674.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • DarthNox
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the kindness :) Makes me feel so welcome <3
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    you picked the right place, there are SOOOO many helpful and friendly people here! Welcome to your journey! You will do awesome
  • DarthNox
    Options
    you picked the right place, there are SOOOO many helpful and friendly people here! Welcome to your journey! You will do awesome

Thanks! And yes, I've already met quite a few :) Seems like a great place to be!