Chocolate Cheesecake High Protein Smoothie YUM!!

Options
keeponkickin
keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
Here's another one from me. Before I list the ingredients let me say this tastes like thick chocolate cake batter in your cup. So for the chocolate fans and cake batter fans out there...this is for you :-)

1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese (You can NOT taste it once blended up)
1/2 cup nonfat milk
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
2 tablespoons sugar free chocolate pudding mix (the mix only)
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
4 ice cubes
sweeten to taste with a little stevia or splenda. Your choice

Chuck it all in the blender and mix until thick and smooth. Enjoy.

With the protein powder I use this came up to pack a whopping 53 grams of protein. It's also right around 300 calories. Amazing!

Let me know if you try it and like it.

Replies

• Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    A little different than your others! will have to try it this way. I don't use protein powder (not a fan), though, as substitute I'll use skim milk powder, or just skip it.

Thanks for sharing!!!!
    ~Chris
  • dr_tina
    dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    May have to try it to get my protein up on some days. However, I cannot stand cottage cheese, so I am taking your word for it, but be prepared to hear my wrath if it makes me quesy, LOL.....J/K
  • keeponkickin
    Options
    May have to try it to get my protein up on some days. However, I cannot stand cottage cheese, so I am taking your word for it, but be prepared to hear my wrath if it makes me quesy, LOL.....J/K

I welcome it as I no you won't need to bring it. LOL. My kids love these and there is no way they would eat cottage cheese.
  • RemakingMyself
    Options
    Must try!! Thanks!! I may also see what it tastes like with Greek yogurt in place of the cottage cheese, since both are high protein and I've usually got Greek yogurt on the shopping list.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Will be trying this soon.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I will also try this with Greek yogurt, thanks for sharing!
  • vdegraff
    vdegraff Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    What type of protein powder do you use. My protein powder is 150 cals for 16g of protein
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I guarantee you will not taste the cottage cheese! At least in the cheesecake shake with the cottage cheese and protein. SO thick and yummy! Split that with my hubby this morning after we got back from the gym.
  • ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Will let you know on this one. Hubby and I had the Cheesecake Shake this morning after we went to the gym. SO GOOD, creamy,thick, YUM. Liquid cheesecake:-) Thanks - I will try this chocolate one tomorrow morning,
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I don't like cottage cheese but I do like this.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • keeponkickin
    Options
    I don't like cottage cheese but I do like this.

You honestly can't taste it in there. It gets completely mixed in, smooth and the cottage cheese taste is gone but leaves you with a nice load of protein.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I made this for my lunch today, it was very good. I added a banana, and used a pre-made protein shake (chocolate), couple of tablespoons. I drank half and put the rest in the freezer for a snack later (with frozen strawberries).
  • bfeusner
    bfeusner Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try this especially on one of my cardio days when I need extra protein and calories. Thanks!
  • A70sgirl
    A70sgirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • frumpytofit
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    bump and sounds yum
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy...what protein shake do you use? Mine is fairly high in calories alone, so thinkint it might up the cals if I use mine