Useful Kitchen Gadgets

Options
I thought I would start this thread to show what is out there in the world of kitchen gadgets that would make things easier on everyone. If you have or know of an amazing item write a little blub and/or post a picture!

People are always asking how much pasta to cook.... well....
sphagetti_doser.jpg
There are other various products like this that measure how much dry pasta is needed for various serving numbers!

Replies

• FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I thought I would start this thread to show what is out there in the world of kitchen gadgets that would make things easier on everyone. If you have or know of an amazing item write a little blub and/or post a picture!

sphagetti_doser.jpg
    There are other various products like this that measure how much dry pasta is needed for various serving numbers!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

sphagetti_doser.jpg

hey that's pretty cool....any idea where to get one?
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    NGKW10.jpg

Apple Slicer

mango.jpg

Mango Pitter
  • FluffnStuff
    Options

sphagetti_doser.jpg

hey that's pretty cool....any idea where to get one?

Not that one in particular. I have seen solid plactic ones that display serving information on them. I just loved this one. I am sure you can google it!

8296-lg.jpg
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    I HATE cutting up garlic.... it's the worst thing ever.
    I could buy the pre-minced stuff....but it's not the same as the freshly minced/chopped stuff.
    Here is something I MUST invest in, since I LOVE garlic.

imgname--new_kitchen_gadgets---50226711--574244.jpg

I believe it's called a GarlicZoom.
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    how do i post a picture...i have a great gadget!!
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    popup.cfm?tool=vLarger

with a digital scale you can weigh out portions of pasta, meat, crackers, cereal, veggies, ANYTHING!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I am SUCH a gadget person... tech gadgets, kitchen gadgets, you name it, I want it.

I love my apple corer, espeically for making pies.
    I have a Shark Steam Mop, which is awesome for my baby, who now loves to throw food on the floor.
    I also have a Chop Wizard, which is handy.
    vidalia_chop_wizard.jpg
    The Garlic Zoom looks sweet... I love fresh garlic, so I gotta get me one of those.

I'm still debating on getting a Magic Bullet... anyone have one and want to weigh in on it??
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    I am SUCH a gadget person... tech gadgets, kitchen gadgets, you name it, I want it.

I love my apple corer, espeically for making pies.
    I have a Shark Steam Mop, which is awesome for my baby, who now loves to throw food on the floor.
    I also have a Chop Wizard, which is handy.
    vidalia_chop_wizard.jpg
    The Garlic Zoom looks sweet... I love fresh garlic, so I gotta get me one of those.

I'm still debating on getting a Magic Bullet... anyone have one and want to weigh in on it??

I had one, ended up giving it away because for me it wasn't practical.
    I just use a hand held emulsifier instead.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    I LIVE for fresh pineapple... and clean it the old fashioned way...
    Has anyone used one of these???

image23716.jpg

I've seen both plastic versions (near the pineapple in the produce section) and metal ones (yet to run into one of those). Are they worth having?
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    how do i post a picture...i have a great gadget!!
    find your pic online and copy the address... I found mine using the images section of google. Then paste the address in your reply and put before it and after it (use lowercase letters instead of capitals. I couldn't type the tags correctly without it thinking I was posting a pic :tongue: ).
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options

NOT worth it! my parents bought me one for christmas one year. it kind of works and can make decent smoothies. but one day a little plastic piece that turns the blade broke off and shot across the kitchen and broke the clock on the wall. (no kidding) thank god it missed my face!
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Temp_Large_Images.cfm?skuno=01027757&name=ChefN%20Serrated%20Palm%20Peeler&catname=Gadgets%20And%20More&CatType=Y
  • star139
    Options

NOT worth it! my parents bought me one for christmas one year. it kind of works and can make decent smoothies. but one day a little plastic piece that turns the blade broke off and shot across the kitchen and broke the clock on the wall. (no kidding) thank god it missed my face!

i love the magic bullet! it makes awesome smoothies and good gaucamole! I don't really use it for anything but smoothies though...
  • FluffnStuff
    Options

You forgot the [ img] (minus the space) at the beginning and [ /img] (minus space) at the end.
  • star139
    Options
    588681v1.jpg
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    588681v1.jpg

So, what does it do???
  • star139
    Options
    588681v1.jpg

So, what does it do???

it's just a vegetable peeler and you slip it on your finger like a ring and then it fits in the palm of your hand while you peel!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    588681v1.jpg

Stay away from this one if you want to keep the tips of your fingers from the opposite hand :laugh: :laugh: Ok, I really took off a couple of finger nails, but thank god they were there :noway: