what do you do?

Options
hmo4
hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
lately i've been down, so am hitting the dark chocolate almonds, etc. i have budgetted them into my calories, is it ok then to eat them do you think?:indifferent:

Replies

• hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    lately i've been down, so am hitting the dark chocolate almonds, etc. i have budgetted them into my calories, is it ok then to eat them do you think?:indifferent:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    If you've budgeted them - then of course!

Dark chocolate covered almonds is a pretty good treat compared to a lot of other stuff out there, lol.

Hope you feel "up" soon :flowerforyou:
  • laurenjill
    laurenjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Fiber Plus Dark Chocolate Almond bars? One bar should satisfy the craving and it's only 140 calories, not to mention everyone needs a little extra fiber in their diet! I eat one more breakfast almost every day.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Just do a little more in your worlout tonight to burn off the calories and you should be ok
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    as long as you have the calories for it, no reason not to
    almonds have good fats and dark chocolate has antioxidants
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    if within your calories - and not too much (that you are fore going other nutritional fresh food) then it's ok...some will say (like Dr. Oz) for an ounce of nuts each day for their omega 3s and other health benefits...and dark chocolate has important flavanoids and are part of the MUFA (mono-unsaturated fatty acids) that you should have (like avocados, olive oil, etc).

Sounds like a good combo - in moderation - especially if it picks your spirit up too!
  • Shanimal84
    Options
    I think it's fine, so long as you have the allotted calories for them. Just be careful that you view this as a "treat" and not something you should indulge in everyday. While I agree that chocolate, in moderate doses, is good for the mind and body, it is usually high in caffeine and not very good for your heart if you eat it often.

Personally, for me, I would rather use those calories on something that might give me a more long-term burst of energy - plain almonds, carrots and fresh fruit. Which in turn makes me feel better about my choices and motivates my big butt to go to the gym, ride my bike or take the dog on a long walk. :bigsmile:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Geee - how many can I have for 1200 calories????
    :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:
    The only problem might be if you're skipping real food for the candy.
    Watch out!
    :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Good to see you back, Hot Mom... definitely go for it! I've had times where I spluge on a treat repeatedly (usually ice cream)... as long as you watch your portion, work it into your calories, and don't make it a long term solution, you will be fine. Like other posters have said, dark chocolate and almonds is far from the worst way to indulge.
  • gperry227
    gperry227 Posts: 93
    Options
    I WANT CHOCOLATE!!!!!! Think I may have to induldge in a Betty Crocker mini molten chocolate cake.MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    You're eating an otherwise balanced diet, and this isn't a large percentage?

Nuts are good for the heart, chocolate is good for the soul. All things in moderation.

Enjoy.

(((I dip black diamond figs in dark chocolate and spin-spin-spin them so the chocolate is a thin li'l shell, and then I eat too many anyways and spend an extra 1/2 hour on the ellptoy, Hehehe)))
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sure as heck better than a cheeseburger! I always keep a stash of dark chocolate around for when I'm feeling low. Feel better soon, going for a long walk always perks me up too :flowerforyou:
  • MissesOfficer
    Options
    Exercise will have the same effects on your brain as the chocolate, and its lots better for you :) Next time you feel down, try to do something else to get the endorphins going, even if its just a few jumping jacks or something like that... learned a lot about this as a psych major. Try it out :) (I know its easier said than done).