Do you burn off calories being a waiter?

I work at pizza hut (which probably explains why im using this site) and just wonderd if you burn calories and what i should put it as on this website, today i worked 3pm-10pm which about 2 hours of busy periods, will this help me loose weight~?

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    I used to bartend, and conventional wisdom was that on a shift, any person walked about 3-5 miles. This will vary depending on the size of your section and how in the weeds you get, but yeah, being on your feet for that long will burn some calories. I would drop about 10 pounds in the summer when things got busy...even with all the drinking

hope this helps!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    It should already be figured into the setting that you use to describe your daily activity.

Your setting should be either lightly active or active.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    If you're a good one, yes :P. I used to wait tables and wouldn't stop moving for 5 hours.
  • I only work part time so i didnt take it into account
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    If you're part time, 2-3 days per week, I'd put it as lightly active. If you're doing more than 30 hours per week, put it as active. You'll burn more cals, but don't take that as an excuse to eat Pizza hut every day. That will put on more cals than you can burn off by working.
  • I'd get a fitbit! It'll estimate your calories burned quite nicely, and give you an idea of how much you're on your feet. (And if you're like me, motivate you to walk even more :) )