Stir fry sauce help!

Hello everyone!

Can anyone share some healthy, quick and easy home made stir fry sauces? If you know of a vegan one (or close enough to) that would be greatly appreciated as i'm so sick of buying jar stuff which is high in everything!

Replies

• th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    When I am making stir fry I start with garlic, veges, tofu all sauted at high heat and then add Light soy sauce along with some honey . If I want it thick I add cornflour but most times I don't. You can add fish sauce if you like but I don't. I will also use seasme oil sometimes for a different flavour
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    I had a really good Orange Chicken Stir-Fry at a healthy cooking demonstration that used a blood orange flavored balsamic glaze instead of stir fry sauce. The glaze has only 20 cal per tbsp and zero sodium or other items.
  • I like to mix yellow mustard and Siracha (hot chili sauce)---gives a spicy low calorie taste...
  • Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    To make sauce

Sautee garlic and green onion in seseme oil . Add criple oz pineapple juice. Lil red curry paste. shake or 2 of soy sauce. Use that to adjust the salt in your recipie. Finish with crushed peanuts or cashew. Can also add peanut tbutter if u wanna go that route.
  • Thank you! will def have to try some of these out in the next few weeks
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Sesame oil, reduced sodium soy sauce, a LITTLE honey and some oyster sauce. Yum yum yum.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Bump! Want to find these again!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Non stick olive oil spray, light sodium soy sauce, sriracha, brown sugar to taste... healthy and delicious!