One Size Does NOT Fit All!

Options
Is it me or are there way to many "this is a myth, that is a myth" posts floating around, One person saying starvation mode is a myth, another says it's not. Another says you should eat your exercise calories another says don't. No wonder there are so many people confused about weight loss. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it all depends on the person.

I lost 40lbs in less then 6 months and I ate back nearly all my exercise calories, I ate them because I was hungry, if I wasn't hungry I didn't eat them (which didn't happen often). I would have lost more if I didn't stop working out and start falling back into old habits for about 2 weeks a month (was TTC and so scared that working out was going to detach the egg or something..silly I know)....Again there is no method that works for everyone, it's really trial and error, and what makes you feel good and what works for you. Yes I could have lost more if I didn't eat the calories I gained from exercising, however I was hungry, and had I not been "allowed" to eat those calories, I most likely would have given up a long long time ago.

So in the end it's really all up to you, you'll get conflicting answers about almost anything, the best way to get your answer is to try it, if it works it works, if not you have to try something else...

Replies

• lovinmysoldier
    lovinmysoldier Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've mentioned many times I wish my body was more like a computer. I know if I do XYZ on the computer I get immediate results. Yes we all are pretty much the same, hence why there are guidelines but by no means are we all identical. Each of our bodies works differently and you have to kind of follow the guidelines and tweak things here and there and eventually you find something that works, until it doesn't then you tweak some more.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    And eating my exercise calories back caused me to gain. I agree with you 100% you have to experiment to see what work for you. What works for you may not work for the next