2012 Disneyland 1/2 marathon

Options
To all my Disney runners out there who are sitting on the fence about this race.....register today if you are serious about it. It's currently 90% full and expected to sell out any day now. Come on....you know you wanna..... : )

Replies

• arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Fun event, but the entry fees are crazy high (leave it to the Mou$e).
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I so would! But I'm just not ready for this year. :frown: Next year is MY year, tho! And if it would ever get above freezing, I could start my training! :grumble:
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I was gonna run with a friend... but I can run 13.5 miles already so why pay $160 for something I can do by walking out my front door?
  • arc918
    Options
    I was gonna run with a friend... but I can run 13.5 miles already so why pay $160 for something I can do by walking out my front door?

Racing is fun! I usually pay between $45 - $75 for a half. Disney has priced it so that only Disney fans are willing to pay.

There are lots of fun races around So Cal.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    45-75 I'll pay but not 160!
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    I did direct this to Disney runners so yeah, we are those who are willing to pay. I like what I like - you like what you like - it's what makes the world an interesting place to live!
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    45-75 I'll pay but not 160!
    Check out RaceGrader.com for Southern CA races. They list tons of them and most are much more affordable.
  • dennischolmes
    dennischolmes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For those of us who run, Disney events are among the best organized and performed events in the sport. Is it worth the extra money? You bet it is. Water stations every half mile. Port o Potties every mile. A really classy race and finish. At least that's what I get at the Disney Half in Orlando. Next year going Goofy and doing the half on Saturday and the full on Sunday! Yes you can run 13.1 outside your house but hey, you wouldn't have a screaming mouse, duck, and Captain Jack on the lawn now would you. :)
  • arc918
    Options
    I did direct this to Disney runners so yeah, we are those who are willing to pay. I like what I like - you like what you like - it's what makes the world an interesting place to live!

I did back it in 2007 & 2008 when it was "only $80 or $90." 2007 was the heatwave year, it got up to 108 in the afternoon.

I think Disney could sell it out at $200.

To me the $50+ untimed "family 5K" is the really crazy one. For $20 more, I say buy a ticket to the park, be there when they open up, run around a bit and then spend the day at the park.
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    For those of us who run, Disney events are among the best organized and performed events in the sport. Is it worth the extra money? You bet it is. Water stations every half mile. Port o Potties every mile. A really classy race and finish. At least that's what I get at the Disney Half in Orlando. Next year going Goofy and doing the half on Saturday and the full on Sunday! Yes you can run 13.1 outside your house but hey, you wouldn't have a screaming mouse, duck, and Captain Jack on the lawn now would you. :)
    Always happy to meet another Disney runner! The Goofy is so much fun! You'll have a blast!
  • DisneyMommy
    Options

I did back it in 2007 & 2008 when it was "only $80 or $90." 2007 was the heatwave year, it got up to 108 in the afternoon.

I think Disney could sell it out at $200.

To me the $50+ untimed "family 5K" is the really crazy one. For $20 I say buy a ticket to the park, be there when they open up, run around a bit and then spend the day at the park.
    2007 was awful hot! We had a small earthquake after the 5K that year too. Fun times!

It won't be long before they are $200 I'm sure.

I don't do the 5K's anymore but will if my kids ever want to run it.
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options

LOVE this!!!! My husband, 23 year old daughter, and I are signed up for the DL 1/2. Really looking forward to it!