i need an awesome BAKED chicken leg recipe

Options
mfoster1019
mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
probably going to make baked chicken legs in the oven sometime next week. would like to take the skin off to reduce calories/fat but want to be able to season/flavor the chicken. can i take the skin off and flavor just the meat? what seasonings, temp and how long to cook?

Replies

• DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Asian Glazed Drumsticks
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 drumsticks • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 213 • Fat: 4.7 g • Protein: 27.5 g • Carb: 12.7 g • Fiber: 0.4 g

8 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed
    olive oil spray (I used my Misto)
    1 cup water
    1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (more or less to taste)
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    4 tsp agave nectar (or sugar)
    3 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 tsp ginger, grated
    2 tbsp chives or scallions, chopped
    1 tsp sesame seeds

In a heavy large saucepan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil. Add water, balsamic, soy sauce, agave, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes. Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8-10 minutes, until it becomes a thick glaze, turning chicken occasionally. (Keep an eye on glaze, you don't want it to burn when it start becoming thick) Transfer chicken to a platter and pour glaze on top. Top with chives and sesame seeds and serve.
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Oven Fried Chicken
    Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1 drumstick • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 170.7 • Fat: 6.6 g • Protein: 14.5 g • Carb: 14.7 g • Fiber: 3.1 g

6 medium bone-in skinless drumsticks
    2 1/2 cups bran flakes
    3 tsp kosher salt, less if you are using regular salt
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
    5 tbsp Hellman's light mayonnaise
    1 tsp Dijon mustard
    Oil spray
    Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with foil and set a rack above. Spray rack with oil.

Crush cereal in a food processor or chopper. In a bowl mix crushed cereal with salt, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Place in a shallow dish or ziplock bag.

Combine mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. Using a cooking brush, brush onto chicken then coat chicken with crushed cereal mixture. Place chicken on wire rack and spray with oil. Bake 35-40 minutes.
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    This is not baked but figured I'd post it anyway

Filipino Adobo Chicken
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 drumsticks • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 174.8 • Fat: 4.3 g • Protein: 27.2 g • Carb: 5.0 g • Fiber: 0.5 g
    8 chicken legs on the bone (skin removed)
    1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
    1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
    1 small head of garlic, crushed
    6 ground peppercorns
    4 bay leaves
    1 jalapeño, chopped (optional)

Marinate chicken in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, jalapeño and pepper, for at least an hour (overnight is ideal). Add chicken, 1/2 cup water, bay leaves and marinade into a deep nonstick skillet and cook on medium-low heat. Cover and cook until the meat is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove the cover and cook an additional 15 minutes, until the sauce reduces. Discard bay leaves and serve over rice.