Protein bars

Options
What brands do you all buy? Which do you like best and why?

I love phytoberry bars because they are chewy and have some good nutrition in terms of one phytoberry servings.

I also like Quest Bars for the high fiber and low sugar but hate that they can kill a man and break teeth as they are kind of hard.

What do you all like?

Replies

• 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I like Clif and Luna bars so far, I'm trying several different ones!
  • Loseweight1980
    Options
    I LOVE Power Crunch Bars. They are like wafer cookies, low sugar, high protein, wicked tasty!!!! I think I first found them at Trader Joe's...
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I buy the eat good, look great ones. They taste pretty good and have a good amount of protein.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot about the Clif Builders bars I love those but at 20g sugars its just asking for trouble!

Never tried Luna bars! what flavour you recommend?
  • lilojoke
    Options
    I buy the eat good, look great ones. They taste pretty good and have a good amount of protein.

Love these at Costco
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I like Clif and Luna bars so far, I'm trying several different ones!

Same here! I love to have the cliff ones for a quick on the go breakfast (when I wake up super earlyyy)
  • tennillewade
    tennillewade Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My quest bars arent hard at all!! Ive tried just about all the flavors.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I like the Promax bars... the double chocolate fudge? YUM! I eat them as a treat though... the carbs are high, so I eat them the day before a long run. I like the consistency of them.
  • lilojoke
    Options
    My quest bars arent hard at all!! Ive tried just about all the flavors.

Explain to me why mine are? Do you heat them or just eat as they are?
  • tennillewade
    Options
    U really want to make sure you are getting the protein but not a whole lot of other stuff you don't need like sugar, salt and fat. Alot of protein bars have a lot of sugar and sodium in them. Quest is really the best i've seen as they are all natural and don't contain alot of additives that take away from the nutrition of the bar. cliff bars have to much sugar in them. They do taste great though
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    Options
    met rx chocolate chocolate chunk is my favorite - 310 calories, 32g protein, and only 1 gram sugar.
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love the quest bars. I just ordered another set Woohoo!
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I love love love the Premium Protein bars from Costco. They taste delicious. They have 30g protein..8g sugar..23g carbs..kinda high calorie at 280. But they are filling and packed with protein.

They are perfect for an on the go meal. Highly recommend. Hefty protein.
  • lilojoke
    Options
    I like the Promax bars... the double chocolate fudge? YUM! I eat them as a treat though... the carbs are high, so I eat them the day before a long run. I like the consistency of them.

This would be good fuel for your endurance runs or have one after your endurance runs.
  • starryberry3
    Options
    I LOVE the Special K Protein Meal Bar in the chocolate peanut butter flavor. So delicious and chewy. Makes me full for few hours.
  • lilojoke
    Options

I need to find an online retailer that sells them. I pay $40 for a box of 12 here.
  • tennillewade
    Options

Me and my daughter love them to!!! which flavor is your favorite... I can't say i have a fav i haven't had one that i don't like!! :-)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    If you microwave the quest bars they are so soft and delicious.

I make my own to save money and so they are full of less junk
  • tennillewade
    Options

I need to find an online retailer that sells them. I pay $40 for a box of 12 here.

Maybe thats why yours are hard, you may be getting stale bars. Try going to www.questproteinbar.com and order there a box of 12 is only $25
  • dmouse0225
    Options
    I love Luna bars! My favorites are Nutz over Chocolate, Choc Peppermint Stick, Choc coconut, & Lemon. They taste so good, just the right amount of chewiness, and keep me full enough to an early lunch on days that I can't eat a real breakfast. I want one right now...