Does ANYONE loose weight?

Options
I'm starting to feel like loosing weight is impossible. I had a baby 10 months ago, and went from a size 6 to a size 12... I can't seem to budge my weight at all... It is so discouraging.
What do people do to loose 20 or 30 lbs? I can't focus my whole life on just loosing weight! I have a life to keep up with! Thankfully my husband is great and never makes me feel bad for my extra weight, but I want to loose it!!!
Any tips?

Replies

• figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to feel like loosing weight is impossible. I had a baby 10 months ago, and went from a size 6 to a size 12... I can't seem to budge my weight at all... It is so discouraging.
    What do people do to loose 20 or 30 lbs? I can't focus my whole life on just loosing weight! I have a life to keep up with! Thankfully my husband is great and never makes me feel bad for my extra weight, but I want to loose it!!!
    Any tips?
  • lifesaver
    lifesaver Posts: 132
    Options
    It's not impossible and it won't take over your life, don't worry!!

If you find you have little time for exercise, at least take a 15-30 minute walk a couple days a week. Regardless of whether or not you want to lose weight, EVERYONE should be getting some exercise.

This site really helps because you can enter in calories and make sure you're not going over the limit. I find it useful because I used to eat all of the time without even realizing it.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Don't get frustrated, it can be difficult. I know I have lost 35 lbs here but have been plateaued. We are all different. Plan your meals well. I try to choose foods that are high in fiber and try to eat low fat proteins.

One thing you can do is watch your measurements. Sometimes you will not lose weight but you will lose inches. It takes time. Keep your chin up.

You can do this.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I know it's frustrating trying to lose weight and i will be honest and say it didn't happen when my kids were small. I was too busy, but I kept trying and you should keep trying. Just make healthy choices is my best advise. Watch portions, that doesn't mean you have to weigh everything out but it does help, it did when I started here. Also to be honest I have spent alot of time on losing weight, I really needed to focus. I'm sorry if that isn't what you want to hear but it has been a real job losing the 30 lbs I have and it gets harder to lose weight the less I have left to lose. I wish you luck in your endeavor. Please keep trying.
  • jdonahue
    jdonahue Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you!!

My daughter is 8 months old and I gained about 60 pounds and I still have about 40 pounds of it to lose!! This past week is the first time I've REALLY been trying though, hitting the gym again and REALLY watching my weight.

It will come, I'm confident, just don't give up hope!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hey...it's the journey that matters, not the finish line. :smile: It has taken me almost 4 years to lose just 19 lbs. Wow, awful progress right?! No way! :laugh: I went from 33% body fat and 154 lbs to 19% body fat and 135 lbs. Sure, I could've just taken 5 months to lose 20 lbs of scale weight, but I'd just have looked like a smaller version of my squishy self. Because I did it slowly I have completely changed my body and am WAY healthier than I was just 19 lbs ago.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Slow and steady wins the race. It will work if you put your mind to it. Make right and healthy choices and positive thoughts, and it will work for you.
    Good luck to you.
    You look beautiful in your wedding dress.:flowerforyou:
  • catcooke
    Options
    It's not impossible and it won't take over your life, don't worry!!

If you find you have little time for exercise, at least take a 15-30 minute walk a couple days a week. Regardless of whether or not you want to lose weight, EVERYONE should be getting some exercise.

This site really helps because you can enter in calories and make sure you're not going over the limit. I find it useful because I used to eat all of the time without even realizing it.

That is so true, now that I log everything I eat, I don't eat as much. Very good advice too.
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks... having a baby sure changes your body doesn't? My goodness... I had no idea. I just ate whatever I craved. Now I'm paying for it... Thanks for your encouragement. Have you been able to loose weight after the baby?
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    yes, I lost weight after I had my son ( almost 12 years ago!) I was worried about it because I was 38 years old at the time and had heard horror stories about how hard it was to lose the weight - especially @ my advanced age. Luckily (?) I had semi - all day sickness. Never really threw up alot, but just lost my appetite for most of my pregnancy. Gained 28 pounds and lost 20 of it before I went home from the hospital - had an almost 10 pounder!!

Found myself at 50 overweight by 35 pounds - yuck due to laziness and not watching what I was eating. Have lost 27 so far - 7 or 8 to go!! Everyone is different - but it is possible, Hang in there:tongue: