What type of protein powder?

Options
I know I am going to get a lot of different answers here, but I'd like to know if there's a certain powder I should gravitate to/steer clear from? Soy, whey? What types of nutrition facts should I look for in regards to calorie/protein ratio?

Help?

Replies

• gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    The cheapest you can find - the cheapest Ive seen is like 22 for 5 lbs... check slick deals.... the cheaper ones dont mix as well but they usually taste ok - the 50 dollar for 5 lb proteins taste and mix the best but it's not worth it IMO.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    you just have to try them and see what you like. I used to drink whey protein and it was great, but then I switched to rice protein, I tried hemp protein and it was TERRIBLE. Never had soy protein but I plan on getting some soon.

I look for the highest protein in the lowest cal and I like to keep my carb/fats low.....and as little sodium as possible.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    It's a personal preference. I stay away from most soy but do have it sometimes. I like Premier Nutrition, EAS CarbAdvantage and Wonderslim. All are whey or Caseinate (with a bit of soy). I use these because they are the best tasting ones I found and the carbs fit within the restricted diet I am following as far as low(er) carbs.

Premier Nutrition is the best. You can get at Sam's Club or Costco. 30 grams of protein with only 160 calories and 3 net carbs (I think -- I know for sure it is under 5).
  • monbeaucher
    monbeaucher Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Okay! Thanks :)