Help..I don't sweat ?

Options
2»

Replies

• zookeepersuzy
    Options
    You could e sweating more than you think into your hair, but it gets trapped/evaporates there instead of dripping off. When I cut my hair really short I noticed my sweat dropped off much more than when I had a pony tail. *edited to finish sentence
  • Vash41288
    Options
    I wish I did not sweat that much, Just some people are different then others. I naturally sweat a lot even more so at the gym, my shirt would be covered and I would be dripping :(

I feel like people are looking at me like.."this dude... jeez" lol
    but what ever I just try to not think of it as much
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I think some of it is genetics. There is a girl in my boot camp class that gets "dewy", I on the other hand look like I just walked into a shower with my clothes on. I am the one that has to carry a towel with me through class to keep wiping the sweat off face that is literally dripping everywhere. I am constantly cleaning off machines I'm working on. I could do with a few less sweat glands I think :).
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Not sweating is a symptom of HYPOTHYROIDISM. See a doctor to rule out this health issue. I use to never sweat, no matter how hot it was or how hard I worked out. Now I sweat like a pig. (I am on levothyroxine for my hypothyroidism) Hope all is well.

I don't sweat much either......I do have to take meds for hypothyroidism as well, but I still don't sweat as much as everyone else when we go to the gym!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat much either. I get damp or dewey. The only time I've ever gotten sweat to roll down my face is if I'm running and my heart rate is maxed out for a long period of time.
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Me neither. I get very red in the face and look like I'm about to combust spontaneously. (Which is probably why every time I go to a class for the first time the instructor keeps asking "Are you alright?" LOL) Although I will say that spinning and Zumba make me sweat the most.
  • MandeeSue
    Options
    Well maybe I should be happy about it..lol I just see all these other people pouring sweat and I think...That is why they have lost so much weight/inches they are sweating it off !! My mom sweat's puddles and so does my husband..Me not so much..lol
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    when I frst started exercising I didn't sweat and thought I had to sweat to lose weight.. i read we wake up in fat burning mode so would get up at 5 am and wear bin liner under workout clothes with extra layers and sauna belt around waist and took fat burners to give me boost of energy so could keep going for 2 hour workout. I lost loads of inches.

Since I came on MFP and everything other than 'doing it healthy' is discouraged and I read 8hours sleep was important to losing weight, so stopped the 5am workouts as people told me it didn't matter what time I exercised I wold burn same amount doing same thing. I haven't lost any inches as I don't sweat when exercise in middle of day or evening even with bin liner on under clothes.

I don't know if it was just cos I was unfit when first started and 2 and half stone overweight and I've got fitter so not sweating anymore? or cos I'm not using fat burners anymore.

I also have underactive thyroid and wondered if I don't sweat cos metabolism is slow without the help of fat burners that make you burn double calories etc.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I didn't sweat in the beginning, but after a while I did start to sweat a ton. It's never enough to saturate my clothing, but certainly enough to make them a little damp. Most of my sweating happens from my forehead; it drips like crazy up there, lol.
  • bsolada
    bsolada Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat much either, but I know I'm working because my heart rate gets into the 180s. A little bit in between my boobs and some under the back of my pony tail, but that is it. You should feel lucky, my friends get jealous that I can walk out of the gym and look the same as when I came in and take my hair down with it looking normal. Some people just have less sweat glads or their bodies stay cooler. Don't let it worry you!