what about candy?

Options
I have stayed completely away from candy from the beginning, which this is my third week. I've heard that eating candy causes more hunger. Any ideas or suggestions?

Replies

• hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    I have stayed completely away from candy from the beginning, which this is my third week. I've heard that eating candy causes more hunger. Any ideas or suggestions?
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I don't know about hunger but If you haven't eaten candy in 3 weeks you probally find you wind up with a headache and feeling gross that's what it did to me.
    I try to stay away from it however I do allow myself a treat once and a whiele but always on a gym day when I have extra calories to eat
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite sayings is "Everything in moderation-INCLUDING moderation!" Don't deprive yourself, or else you'll just end up wanting it more.
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have a mega sweet tooth and always incorporate a treat in to my daily routine, i've tried eliminating all sweets but for me it ALWAYS leads to falling off the wagon in a big way so now I indulge in small portions daily whether it's a piece of candy, a scoop of ice-cream, or something similar.
  • MollysMom2005
    MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Same for me. I am not so sure a day without just alittle chocolate would be worth living.:grumble:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I always let myself have a piece or two if I am craving candy. Also, I've been chewing gum alot more. Try Extra Sugar Free Sweet Watermelon (they plug this all the time on The Biggest Loser). Whenever I'm feeling "munchy" I pop some gum! :)
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    :smile: I can't eat candy or sweets. If I have one, I have to keep going. One leads to sugar all day long. I tell myself, okay, just one more and it keeps multiplying! I just stay away from it!

Being off of sugar makes things like watermelon, raisins, apples, grapefruit taste so sweet and filling. It's what I do instead!

Good luck making your choice! :flowerforyou:
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I think you need to find what works for you. For me, if I eat one...I want the whole bag!(I'm an all or nothing gal myself,hehe). Now, my sister can have only one or two and be satisfied. I tell myself to stay away from that first one..or first bite, then I'm ok . I do know that sugar is addictive, so the longer you can go without it, the easier it gets to say no! :)
  • hulkj
    Options
    Thanks!
  • hulkj
    Options
    The gum is working! Thanks!