MFP Runners 4/14/09

Options
Hi y'all! I can't believe I posted first 2 days in a row! I ran 6 miles today

Replies

• katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! I can't believe I posted first 2 days in a row! I ran 6 miles today
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Way to go Katie!:drinker:

Today was another rest day for me.

See you tomorrow :smile:
  • puppylove84
    Options
    got in 8 today :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    6 miles on the elliptical instead of run today. Just giving my body some time off but will be back to running on Thurs!! :bigsmile: And did Ab Ripper X.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Track day today - 400 m repeats. Pyometrics tonight _ I am whooped!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    weight training and 2 miles on the treadmill.

I have the tightest hips ever. :frown:
    I stretch and stretch...and can never get them loosened up. Some days they are better than others. And I have pulled my quads a total of about 3 times since December. UGH!
  • blum0133
    blum0133 Posts: 88
    Options
    I did 6 today...anyone have any tips for speeding up my long distance time??
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    restarted week 1 of the couch to 5k. It ended up being just under 2 miles, but it really kicked my butt! Do any of you get a little dizzy when you first step off the treadmill? I feel great a few seconds after, but the flight of stairs out of the garage are a struggle. I already do a 5 minute cool down...any suggestions?
  • blum0133
    blum0133 Posts: 88
    Options
    I do sometimes if I am on there for a really long time and really get into that repetitive motion of running. Then when I get off the tredmill my body gets all whoozy because I dont have a moving floor under me anymore! I would say make sure to eat a snack before you run, drink lots of water, and maybe stretch after your cool down? That should give your body enough time to readjust.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I did 6 today...anyone have any tips for speeding up my long distance time??
    If you run the same pace all the time, you will continue to run the same pace, because your body finds its 'rhythm'. On your shorter run days, do a track workout or speed intervals (fast pace alternating with recovery jogs). As you get comfortable with the faster pace, start adding 'surges' into your long run, or pick up the pace for the last mile or so. You will find over time that your body will find a faster rhythm for your long runs.