Has anyone found

Options
That the more healthy they eat they can taste artificial sweetner in things as a bitter taste? eg coke zero, gum, bars etc?

Replies

• kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I honestly cannot taste aspartame. I don't know if it's because I'm so used to it because I chew gum all the time or what, but I've never noticed it. Maybe I just don't have taste receptors for it (which is entirely possible). My boyfriend can't taste it either.
  • neo200120018
    neo200120018 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I never have before, i drink a can plus of coke zero a day and chew gum constantally and have never had prob b4
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I can taste most of them. I can usually tolerate gum (they use a different set of sweeteners than sodas). Coke Zero, Sprite Zero are tasty for diet, but I don't really like any of them. The sweeteners just taste weird to me.

I use stevia or truvia at home. And use splenda in a pinch a few times a year. I can only tolerate 1/2 a packet.
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Dude, have you guys ever tried that sweetener that's at whole foods by the pre-made coffee? I'm not sure what it's called, but there's a "z" on the package and the package is orange. It tastes cold! I don't even know how. It's so confusing though.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    That the more healthy they eat they can taste artificial sweetner in things as a bitter taste? eg coke zero, gum, bars etc?

BIG TIME...
    Endo put me on an elimination list and through eating whole foods, as natural as possible, the one time I decide to pop a stick of Extra sugar-free gum, and OH MY GAWD... NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was gonna vomit...

I had to brush my teeth it was so freaking nasty!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Defo. I get more sensitive to bad fats, sweetners etc etc. Some make me ill now! :frown:
  • ErinsAvon
    ErinsAvon Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Splenda is the only sweetener I can tolerate, and the others make me gag. I cannot stand Stevia, or Truvia... I know it isn't the best for me, but I am not going back to sugar, and I am not going without.