Good high-protein vegan/vegetarian recipes?

Options
snugglesworthjr
snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
I'm finding myself a little hard pressed to find good vegan/vegetarian recipes that are high in protein. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

Replies

• finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely obsessed with this soup, i try to make it once a week -- the chickpeas in it are a good protein source:
    http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2007/11/north-african-chickpea-and-kale-soup.html

Tofu scramble is always great, too. I buy a Fantastic Foods Tofu Scramble mix and sautee it in to a crumbled block of tofu with tons of added veggies, and it's incredible.

The blog above (fat free vegan) has lots of great recipe ideas!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Always throw in a handful of nuts.
    Use mushrooms, if vegetarian, eat a lot of fish and eggs, and cheese.
    Vegan - I struggle to help.
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    This tofu/potato vindaloo is the best recipe I have made in a while. Absolutely fabulous! It is spicey.

http://marvelouslymundane.blogspot.com/2011/02/marvelous-meatless-meals-potato-and.html
  • laurenbutsmaller
    Options
    Seitan! So versatile, very good and has more plant protein per serving than tofu. Much better texture as well. Plus it's easy to make so it's less processed.
  • abikas
    abikas Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anything with lentils or beans!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Always throw in a handful of nuts.
    Use mushrooms, if vegetarian, eat a lot of fish and eggs, and cheese.
    Vegan - I struggle to help.

a vegetarian doesn't eat meat of any type!

back to the topic- i imagine bean salad is a good one. Veggie chilli is good and tasty-we use quorn mince and beans plus loads of veggies-healthy and tasty!
  • Rhian_81
    Rhian_81 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I make a lovely quinoa salad for lunch at work. Its simple to make, delicious and only 190 cal, with around 10g protien per serving. It will live in the fridge for a couple of days.

Serves 4

100g quinoa
    1 x veg stock cube
    roasted vegetables - carrot / onion / courgette / peppers (any combinations work well)
    Fry-Light
    30g pumpkin seeds
    1/4 cucumber (de-seeded)
    60g low fat feta cheese
    10 olives

- Prepare and roast vegetables for 30-45 mins until cooked.
    - Cover quinoa with stock and cook for 15-20 mins, stir regularly and be careful not to allow grain to dry out completely.
    - Allow quinoa and vegetables to cool
    - Slice cucumber, feta and olives and mix all ingredients through

Enjoy :o)