Calories burned from exercise?

Options
Am I supposed to be replacing the calories I burn during exercise...I prefer to exercise after dinner around 8pm but this causes me to continually be way under my daily caloric goal. Am I supposed to be replacing those calories burned . I' m just worried about my body going into starvation mode since it usually drops me 400-600 calories below my target of 1520 a day. I do not feel hungry after my workout but I wanna make sure I do this in the most productive way.
Thanks for helping

Replies

• shutterbabe
    shutterbabe Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think you should be replacing them. The way you lose weight is burning more than you intake. So if you're eating to make up what you burned, its counter productive.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the sticky topics at the top of the page, or go the the FAQ's, you will find lots of info on this topic.

But to answer, in a nutshell, to lose weight you need to create a calorie deficit - either from food or exercise.
    The way MFP calculates your calorie allowance is to create your caloire deficit solely from food. It assumes that when you exercise you will eat more.

If you don't eat those calories you are creating a larger calorie deficit. If you are just starting out and have heaps of weight to lose that may not be a bad thing, but if you don't have so much to lose it may not work so well for you.

Or just go straight to: www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com
    that has all the answers!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think you should be replacing them. The way you lose weight is burning more than you intake. So if you're eating to make up what you burned, its counter productive.

Nope, if you follow the numbers that MFP suggests it's not counterproductive because your calorie deficit has already been created from diet, they don't factor in exercise.