Any Joggers out here?

Options
Hi all Im just wondering if any of the joggers on MFP are full figured 200lb range...I really have been on the fence about jogging..partly due to lack of confidence...any tips would be appreciated..I do know to start slow..and invest in good sneakers...any more advice?:drinker:

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi all Im just wondering if any of the joggers on MFP are full figured 200lb range...I really have been on the fence about jogging..partly due to lack of confidence...any tips would be appreciated..I do know to start slow..and invest in good sneakers...any more advice?:drinker:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    well i'm not full figure but i want to encourage you, i think you're doing great and getting out there is half the battle walk/run whatever, just get out there and start doing it.! Oh and also a great sports bra helps, there is a brand called Enell for full figures.( www.enell.com ) . Good Luck.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

I would try the c25k program. it helped me get going. I started walking on the treadmill at 3 and at 3.5 that was to fast. now I jog at 5.5 to 6 for 3 to 4 miles 3 to 4 days a week.

I also started my exercise journey at 210 lbs. now I am stuck at 179.

Good Luck too you!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    well i'm not full figure but i want to encourage you, i think you're doing great and getting out there is half the battle walk/run whatever, just get out there and start doing it.! Oh and also a great sports bra helps, there is a brand called Enell for full figures.( www.enell.com ) . Good Luck.

this bra is fantastic!! get the one that clasps in the front so much easier. they are a little expensive but worth it.
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    sports bra CHECK lol i invested in a few good ones when i started jumping jacks LOL
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options

I would try the c25k program. it helped me get going. I started walking on the treadmill at 3 and at 3.5 that was to fast. now I jog at 5.5 to 6 for 3 to 4 miles 3 to 4 days a week.

Good Luck too you!!
    wow good job at the weight loss you will push through 179 in no time!! ty for the advice
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

Good Luck too you!!
    wow good job at the weight loss you will push through 179 in no time!! ty for the advice

Thanks. I would also up your speed by .1 each week you will be surprised how easy it gets.
  • mollyo
    mollyo Posts: 4
    Options
    I just started on Saturday!!! I'm in the 200+ range and have never jogged even when I was a size 4 and in amazing shape. I just have never had the right mindset. I would jog 20 steps and just stop because it was too hard. I was always very athletic but it was the one thing I just said I couldn't do.

I have been working out on an elliptical 4 times a week for about a month. So on Saturday I decided to try and jog. My goal was to make it from one lamppost to the next and then I would walk the rest of the way. I was hoping that each time I went out I could make it one more lamppost.

But on saturday I started to jog and just kept going. I made it a mile without stopping! It was the most amazing feeling ever! So now I'm determined to run at least 3 times a week and do elliptical 2 days. My goal is to run the 4th of July 5k. For me, that is like running a marathon. LOL.

So, if you want we could buddy up and try to set up a running schedule to encourage each other :)

First step for me is getting new shoes.

Oh and did I mention that today is the first day since Saturday that I can sit down or walk down the stairs without screaming like a little girl? LOL. I was in some serious PAIN! But today I'm just slightly sore.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Last year I tried to jog and I couldn't get it down. I would jog and then walk and do that fora while. This year I tried it and holy crap its so much easier after losing weight. I did one mile last week and two this week but not going above that for a while. 2 miles was really hard for me to do. Lets get a joggers team together. :drinker:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    cool! i sent u a message thanks so much mollyo ..IM SO GAME FOR A JOGGING TEAM HEHE
  • Philde04
    Philde04 Posts: 160
    Options
    I would love to be on a jogges team too!!! I'm new at it also... I have been running a mile a week for a few months now and am getting ready to try to up it up to maybe 1.5 miles....
  • mollyo
    mollyo Posts: 4
    Options
    I went and got new shoes today! I was going to run this afternoon but got a really bad sore throat and started to run a fever. Ugh. So, I'm going to bed early in hopes of getting up to run tomorrow.