GREEK YOGURT! (My favorite ways to eat it)

Options

Replies

• LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    I like to mix the vanilla greek yogurt with Nutella!! Yum!!
  • blackberrypie
    Options
    Its hard to say.. I use it for pretty much anything! :) Deserts, breakfast, sauces, replacing sour cream or cream in general.. or just plain! Faye is also my favorite kind! Its a good deal at Costco for the large 0% tub!
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    yummmmy ideas!
    i make a grape yogurt parfait, delish

grapes on the bottom, yogurt with honey + cinnamon in the middle, and some granola on top, lush!
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    BELIEVE IT or not actually when read this topic, having 2 ryvita topped with 0% greek yougurt, chilli flakes and sliced tomatoes for breakfast, love it use it for dips, instead of butter on sandwiches, fillings for jacket potatoes, mixed with tuna or prawns. topping for a bit of salmon, brilliant stuff.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Carbmasters yogurt at Kroger and it's thick like the Greek yogurt but only 60 calories. I put some granola in it and it makes a great snack! :)
  • Amoravy
    Amoravy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    BELIEVE IT or not actually when read this topic, having 2 ryvita topped with 0% greek yougurt, chilli flakes and sliced tomatoes for breakfast, love it use it for dips, instead of butter on sandwiches, fillings for jacket potatoes, mixed with tuna or prawns. topping for a bit of salmon, brilliant stuff.

Ryvita?? Educate me!!
  • Amoravy
    Options
    Its hard to say.. I use it for pretty much anything! :) Deserts, breakfast, sauces, replacing sour cream or cream in general.. or just plain! Faye is also my favorite kind! Its a good deal at Costco for the large 0% tub!

It can be expensive where I live and we do not have a costco. We do have Sam's Club....I wonder if they have a huge tub? It would save me money and lots of trips.
  • anjydarling
    Options
    My favorite way to eat Greek yogurt is by mixing Honey + Dried Cranberries + Chopped Walnuts = :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Ohhhh Nutella :D
  • shutterbabe
    shutterbabe Posts: 125 Member
    Options

I tried nutella for the first time a couple weeks ago and loved it! But was super bummed to see it was ridiculously high in cals, fats, carbs, and sugar for such a small amount. :(
  • tubbstattsyrup
    tubbstattsyrup Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I use it in sandwiches instead of butter.

I also mix a spoon of horseraddish sauce in and add to tuna, wholemeal pasta, mixed peppers and sweetcorn.Very handy to take for a pack up.
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Tastes good with a scoop of protein powder mixed in! or Fiber one cereal and blueberries.
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness that sounds amazing, like a healthy version of chocolate mousse?! Sadly I cannot have Nutella in the house or bad things will happen...!!

I LOVE Fage, and mix it with St Dalfour sugar free jams for a yummy, healthy afternoon snack :)
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Ryvita?? Educate me!!

Ryvita is a brand of crackers, the saviour of many a British dieter! They have the standard plain type and in recent years have also introduced some really yummy new varieties like multigrain, oat and pumpkin seed, etc, usually about 40 cals a cracker depending on variety. I eat them all the time.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Chobani Greek Yogurt with Pineapple is my ultimate favorite one,

I add Kashi crunch cereal or roasted pecans for some crunch in it.... it's so decadent it's like icecream to me now..... yummers 160 cal
  • oddree80
    oddree80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just tried Greek Yogurt this morning. I was totally going to post about it! My question to you I had CHobani with Honey it left a bad taste in my mouth do you guys that eat it with Honey get the plain and add your own honey? I am going to try some with fruit was brand is your favorite??

Thanks,
    Audrey Louise:wink:
  • Amoravy
    Options
    Ryvita?? Educate me!!

Ryvita is a brand of crackers, the saviour of many a British dieter! They have the standard plain type and in recent years have also introduced some really yummy new varieties like multigrain, oat and pumpkin seed, etc, usually about 40 cals a cracker depending on variety. I eat them all the time.

Oh man...I don't think we have them here! :(
  • Amoravy
    Options
    I use it in sandwiches instead of butter.

I also mix a spoon of horseraddish sauce in and add to tuna, wholemeal pasta, mixed peppers and sweetcorn.Very handy to take for a pack up.

I LOVE me some horseradish...I am definately trying this. Sounds like a good combination.
  • Amoravy
    Options
    I just tried Greek Yogurt this morning. I was totally going to post about it! My question to you I had CHobani with Honey it left a bad taste in my mouth do you guys that eat it with Honey get the plain and add your own honey? I am going to try some with fruit was brand is your favorite??

Thanks,
    Audrey Louise:wink:

Chobani is my least favorite. I get the plain greek yogurt and drizzle real honey in it. Chobani is premixed, and runnier than most greek yogurts. Try the Fage, and if you don't want a big tub of it...they come in single servings where the yogurt is on one side, and honey or fruit in the other so you can mix it yourself :)