Too many inches?!

Options
Hello all,

I am getting married in September (15th) and that and the honeymoon is currently my big incentive to lose weight. I am hoping to lose around 4 stone by then.

After finally doing some measuring last night, it appears I need to lose about 10" off my waist! Is this way more than what a 4 stone loss would give me? Will I need to do some serious working out to achieve it?

I'm currently about 41" and need to get to 32".

Many thanks in advance!

Replies

• kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    Options
    Oh, and I'm 238lbs
  • cdnclovr
    cdnclovr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I can equate lbs with inches. For instance, if you do weight training you'll lose inches but not so many lbs (since muscle takes less space than fat). My opinion would be to follow your measurements rather than the scale especially if you need to be a 32" waist to fit into your dress.

Congrats and good luck! :)
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Inches lost may have something to do with your body shape. I am fairly rectangular (not a big difference between my bust, hip, and waist measurements) and lost a little over 50 pounds. My waist went down by 8 inches, bust 7", and hips 7". I exercise almost every day and do a lot of abs/core work.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What amount of weight = inches lost will vary from person to person, but you should be able to lose that many inches from your waist by September. Do plenty of cardio and some strength training to make sure you don't lose too much muscle.
  • kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I am quite an hourglass shape, so I am hoping that will work in my favour with the waist measurement! I think the main issue will be whether enough comes off my bust too as I don't really want to be spilling out of my dress! Haha!

Anyway, we are starting the 30DS on Monday and doing it properly for a good 4-6 weeks, so will be interesting to see how much difference that makes.

Thanks again!! :o)