stalled!!!

Options
so for 3 weeks now no weight loss!!! So I WAS making sure I ate all my exercise calories---and I have been walking 4 miles AT LEAST a day and swimming occasionally---I tried to up my calories but just gained 1 1/2 pounds---SO yesterday I walked EIGHT---count them 8 miles at 4 mph with a 4 incline for 4 of them--and I walked 9 miles today---4 this morning and 5 just now--and just sat down to see BL decision--and they need to send Laura home!!! I just hope all this walking---cuz I am GOING TO DO IT AGAIN TOMORROW is going to MOVE that scale---and LAURAMG is the one I am chasing!!!!!! LOL

123504.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    so for 3 weeks now no weight loss!!! So I WAS making sure I ate all my exercise calories---and I have been walking 4 miles AT LEAST a day and swimming occasionally---I tried to up my calories but just gained 1 1/2 pounds---SO yesterday I walked EIGHT---count them 8 miles at 4 mph with a 4 incline for 4 of them--and I walked 9 miles today---4 this morning and 5 just now--and just sat down to see BL decision--and they need to send Laura home!!! I just hope all this walking---cuz I am GOING TO DO IT AGAIN TOMORROW is going to MOVE that scale---and LAURAMG is the one I am chasing!!!!!! LOL

123504.png
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I had a three week stall too and it came around the 32lb. mark! I lost 3 lbs this week after waiting the three weeks! I guess sometimes its stalls and we need to check "under the hood" and try something different. I actually ate more calories and exercised differently...not more minutes, but diff. exercises. Just hang in there! I'm battling a knee injury, so I have to continue to adjust my workouts!!!
    Keep Going!:bigsmile:
    150768.png
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    shake up your workout- Your body gets bored just like we do.. So if what you normally do is walk- Try jogging/running- go faster go harder.
  • tennetubbie
    Options
    funny you say that---
    I just got a WII so I did 30 minutes on that too yesterday---but didn't log it in---hoola hoop and dance step---I tried a yoga step---yikes I have no balance at all---I bet it will give me a hard time tomorrow fo skipping today!:ohwell: I really should get out the bike and straighten the spokes!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    keep plugging along and watch the sodium and carbs....:flowerforyou:
  • tennetubbie
    Options
    I need to start tracking sodium--I don't do that and I do have edema---which I attributed to damage from surgery. Good ideas--thanks
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to vary your routine. As you do one particular exercise, your body becomes both mechanically and physiologically more efficient--which means you burn fewer calories.

Adding new activities, doing interval training can both help. If you are not doing any strength training, I would definitely recommend adding that first.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Keep changing it up, run, walk, jog, sprint, I am constantly changing the speed on the tread and upping and downing the intensity of the elliptical.:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I just started a couch to 5K program where you walk then jog in intervals. I'm at the 30 pound mark so almost where you are, and it definitely shook my body up! If you can do it, I would recommend it. And I'm a big girl still but amazingly not having any knee pain or anything from doing it (previous knee surgeries, was told I'd never walk again LOL here I am running). Although I dont' have the stamina to do the full time, I started at doing it for 15 mins and building my way up.