Tom Venuto or Mark Sisson

Options
I read so many conflicting pieces of advice on the internet that its difficult to work out what to do for the best.

I've read bits of both of the above who offer diiferent methods but which way do you lean? The Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle or The Primal Blueprint?

I'm an advocate of Tom Venuto to be honest as its served me well and continues to do so. I dont stick at it rigidly though.

How about you? Or do you follow someone else?

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I don't "follow" anyone, but people like Tom Venuto and Lyle McDonald (www.bodyrecomposition.com) have a lot of good, solid information, esp McDonald. Venuto gets a little too meatball for my taste sometimes, but his heart and head are in the right places.

The more you can stick with science over ideology and pseudo-science, the better off you'll be. Especially be wary of sources and sites that take a combination contrarian/conspiratorial approach to health and fitness ("Here's what the (food industry, government, health experts, etc) don't want you to know!!"). Believe me, if there was some new unique diet, exercise method, lifestyle method, that worked to make everyone thin, it would have been found long ago.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I don't follow anyone as I am my own person and I question everything.

However, I do like the clean eating and natural lifestyle that Paleo / Primal teaches, so I have adapted my own principles to this lifestyle.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    If this is an either-or question my answer is Tom Venuto by a large margin.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I read so many conflicting pieces of advice on the internet that its difficult to work out what to do for the best.

I've read bits of both of the above who offer diiferent methods but which way do you lean? The Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle or The Primal Blueprint?

I'm an advocate of Tom Venuto to be honest as its served me well and continues to do so. I dont stick at it rigidly though.

How about you? Or do you follow someone else?

Both are very knowledgeable. I think everyone is different, that is why when I work with someone it's a constant journey to see what works for them. I don't believe in a one size fits all approach....because I know that didn't work for me.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I follow Tom Venuto's advice but all I can say is do whatever works for you. Although I greatly respect these gentlemen but when it comes to your own body, no one else knows more about it than you.
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Lyle McDonald (bodyrecomposition.com) If his website was required reading prior to coming here it'd reduce the amount of broscience and diet/training myths posted by about 90 percent. (Hey, I'm an optimist.)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Lyle McDonald (bodyrecomposition.com) If his website was required reading prior to coming here it'd reduce the amount of broscience and diet/training myths posted by about 90 percent. (Hey, I'm an optimist.)

^ This is quite true.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    If this is an either-or question my answer is Tom Venuto by a large margin.
    ^ same here. The Burn the fat feed the muscle is the best bit of information I have read about fitness/nutrition, and I have read quite a lot.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I like Tom Venuto - I think the Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle book makes a lot of sense. More so I try to eat clean - I LOVE Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet. They are both pretty similar though - eat 5-6 smaller meals per day - have lean protein, complex carbs in every meal, drink lots of water, etc.
  • chipembele
    chipembele Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. Interesting answers. I'll look up Lyle Mcdonald too.

Clumsy wording asking who you follow. :)