HELP: Calories in turkey?

Options
Varies. But how many calories in 4oz of turkey for sandwich??

Replies

• junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options

What kind of turkey? Is it pieces of turkey from a whole bird, or slices?

I've never had an issue looking up turkey in the food database. If you have a smartphone you can put the app on it and give the barcode reader a try if you have the packaging that came with the turkey.
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options

I've never had an issue looking up turkey in the food database. If you have a smartphone you can put the app on it and give the barcode reader a try if you have the packaging that came with the turkey.

its just thin sliced baked deli turkey. Whats the bar code scanner?? What's the app?
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options

its just thin sliced baked deli turkey. Whats the bar code scanner?? What's the app?

Go to the app store of your choice. I have an android so in the android market I typed "myfitnesspal" in the searchbox and it came up. free download. In the app when you go to "add meal" there's an option to use a barcode scanner to the right of the box you type your food name in. Click it, then the camera comes up and you scan the barcode and USUALLY the right item appears and you type in your serving and hit add now.
  • chattipatty2
    Options

Go to the app store of your choice. I have an android so in the android market I typed "myfitnesspal" in the searchbox and it came up. free download. In the app when you go to "add meal" there's an option to use a barcode scanner to the right of the box you type your food name in. Click it, then the camera comes up and you scan the barcode and USUALLY the right item appears and you type in your serving and hit add now.
  • chattipatty2
    Options

I have the droid, and the app, but always wondered what that barcode was!! Thank you!!! Awesome and it worked!!! Thank you!!!!