Jogging?

Options
Is it just me but I can't jog. I've tried outside and on the treadmill. I just don't feel good and it dosn't feel natural.

Replies

• dorkynerd
    dorkynerd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a beginner so I don't' know for sure but....what has worked for me is a walk/run method. It won't feel natural for a bit. Your body need to get use to it. Start slow. My first couple sessions..I could only run for 1 min and I felt like I was going to die. It gets better.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My brother hates to run & prefers to bike. If you feel like trying again go for the Couch to 5K app or website. It will help you in intervals.
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I was like that at one point. Then I just made myself start to run on a treadmill in the gym and I slowly built up my time. I still hate (and think that I can't but I'm sure if I had enough reason to I could) run outside. It's more painful on my shins outside. I know how much I hated it in the beginning so I think if I can do it, anyone can. You just have to be patient and set little goals if it's something you want to do.

I started with just running a quarter of a mile for one week. Then the next week I upped it and so on and so on.