Help! I'm starving

Options
I don't know what is wrong with me but all of a sudden I am starving all the time. I have been on MFP (for the second time) for 80 days and have lost 11 lbs which i am proud of and through all that time was never hungry until this week. I am doing Insanity and am on the recovery week so I am burning even less calories when I work out. I usually try to burn around 600 a day so with Insanity, I lift heavy, run, and do TurboFire depending on how many calories I need to burn to reach my goal. But this week, I have been happy with 500 or so since it is recovery. I eat every 1-3 hours during the day and then dinner. I have also been trying to do "calorie spike" days (Sunday) which have moved my scale when it was stagnant. On those days, I eat about twice my calories but I remain in my calorie goal for the week.

Someone Please tell me I can eat, I am soooo hungry.

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary so probably not a lot I can offer. Eat adequate lean meats (or protein shakes) (for women try for 20grams 4 times a day), more veggies, less processed food and keep fruits at a reasonable amount. Yes fruits are good but the up your blood sugar and do not offer the long term hunger control that proteins offer. Also watch high calorie foods (yes whole grains are probably "good for you" but they carry a big calorie load) and those sneaky condiments that offer no sustenance but take a lot of calories. Get plenty of water.

Just try to make everything you eat be the most benefit for you as far as filling you up.
  • maryjay51
    Options
    if we saw your food diary we could be of more help with suggestions
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Most likely, you need to eat more. Set your weight loss goal to 1 pound a week or less, you'll still lose, but you get to eat more so you're not starving all the time. A little hungry is okay, but starving is bad.

Perhaps more protein, more fiber and more water may also be your solution to this issue. Without looking at your diary, I don't know for sure.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Holy cow sweetie, if you are hungry by all means EAT! Now I do not suggest running over to Wendys and grabbing some fries, but a snack every 3 hours should be fine.

Between larger meals I eat

50 calorie string cheese
    a yougurt with a teeny bit of granola in it
    5 prunes
    granola or other nut bar (try to not go over 150 calories)
    lots of fruit
    baby carrots
    protein shake

These are just a few things that I eat at various times when I get hungry. If I have a snack and am still hungry, I drink a glass of water and wait 20 minutes. If I am still hungry, I eat more.

Getting a good amount of protein helps me stay fuller longer.