Really discouraged

Options
2»

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    How did you come to the conclusion that you gained body fat? This is highly unlikely if you have indeed been in a calorie deficit.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuation is normal if you monitor day to day, sometimes your body will retain water do to sodium intake or lack of water intake. This is normal.

If you keep gaining then that's a totally different problem as stated above.
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    Hang in there dear friend. No one said this would be easy. The hard part is the mental part, getting over our old ways. As far as the weight gain, it could be many factors, including weighing in at the wrong time of the month, wrong time of day, your body can fluctuate in the same day!
    Dont give up. You started this journey for a reason, hang in there!
  • Jenny_MSW
    Jenny_MSW Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not eating enough? or you could increase your fiber or something?? I'm having trouble with this whole calorie thing... I did weightwatchers a few years ago and the point system was so easy and gradually lowered as you lost weight. I literally lost weight every single week from the week i started till I was at my goal (35lbs in 5 months). I am only 2 pounds over where I was when I stopped that, and have decided I want to get more fit now and lose a little more and nothing is budging. This is all such a pain! I don't know what you're eating but maybe your net calories is too low if you're exercising, I think that's my problem. Of course it could be something simple like sodium, stress, hormones... just keep it up and see how ya do next week- don't give up!