30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• AlliO2
    AlliO2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was impressed with myself over the push ups. I did the modified (on the knees) version, but I made it through them! Ha!!
  • SOFTBALLMOM11
    SOFTBALLMOM11 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I GOT MY 30 DAY SHRED LAST WEEK AND HAVE BEEN AFRAID TO TRY IT....NOW I'M REALLY SCARED..LOL!
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way too. It gets better! I am now on level 2 and it is kicking my butt. I will admit, I am stronger. I can now do push ups for the first time in my life! Do it every day and every day you will get a little better.
  • wen52070
    wen52070 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! So glad I am not the only one who is having a hard time doing the 30DS. I completed Level 1 Day 2 last night. It wasn't any easier than the first night. But, I am hopeful it will get easier. I try to just keep telling myself that I will be so happy to see the end results if I just keep trying. The jumping jacks are the worst for me! They are no fun for a heavy chested person.

Plus this may sound silly, but I have a tall revolving jewelry stand in our bedroom and on the back side is a full length mirror. I aim the mirror towards me, so I can see myself doing the jumping jacks, etc. I wear two exercising bras and shorts, so I see my huge belly in the mirror. But instead of it grossing me out, it out actually motivates me to see my belly shaking during the jumping jacks. I try to imagine all that fat bouncing away. HaHa!!

Keep it up, and I will do the same!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Didn't make it all the way through until the 5th or 6th day of level 1.
    Finished Level 2, day 6 (10 days per level) and I still cannot finish the entire thing.
    Hang in there, you'll make it!
    :flowerforyou:
  • paulyarwooduk
    Options
    Hi,

As everyone has already said, don't give up. I've been doing it on and off since July 2011. It does get easier but just do as much as you can it's not a race. The more regularly you do it (or any other exercise) the more of the routine you'll be able to do.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    lol. HANG. IN. THERE. 10 minutes! WOW! That's 10 more minutes than you were doing sitting in a chair, or on a couch :) Remember, a "bad" workout is only a workout that didn't happen. This workout was not bad at all. Because you'll do it again and again and then you'll get stronger and better and faster, FACT! So nope, you did not fail. If you even want to leave it alone for a while and do other exercise routines like walking, that's good too, just keep moving, and you cannot go wrong. You will only improve
  • tishonamarie
    tishonamarie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I got my DVD yesterday and just attempted my first day. Yeah, that did not go so well for me. Unless a person is super in shape, do they actually make it through the first day or am I just that much out of shape? I don't even think I made a full 10 minutes and I had to stop. I am only 33 years old and I feel like what an 80 year old must feel like. Anyone else out there unable to make it through the first day or am I just a miserable failure? Level 1 is still playing on my DVD player and I quit over 10 minutes ago. I didn't even make it half way!!!!! COMPLETE FAILURE and I do not look forward to trying again tomorrow!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! I started it this week too and am so out of shape. I huff and puff the whole way through it, but you do have to push yourself. Your body will thank you later! Just modify what you can't do. I can't do those jump ropes, but I still bounce and stay moving. I also have trouble with the reverse bicycle ab workout, but I butt lifts on the floor. We know our bodies best. But don't stop at 10 minutes. You were halfway finished!!! You can do it- PROMISE!!!!
  • SheriBethB
    SheriBethB Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm 290 lbs and I'm on day 10 of 30 day shred. (I'm scared of level 2 tomorrow!) Just keep pushing! Modify what you have to, but keep your body moving. Bump down your weights a little, if you can't manage a girly push up, maybe do them against the wall for a few days. I feel like I'm going to die during it but it does get easier! IIt helps me to do a warm-up before I start the video. Just a short walk to get the muscles moving or something similar. You can do this!
  • AlliO2
    AlliO2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! So glad I am not the only one who is having a hard time doing the 30DS. I completed Level 1 Day 2 last night. It wasn't any easier than the first night. But, I am hopeful it will get easier. I try to just keep telling myself that I will be so happy to see the end results if I just keep trying. The jumping jacks are the worst for me! They are no fun for a heavy chested person.

Plus this may sound silly, but I have a tall revolving jewelry stand in our bedroom and on the back side is a full length mirror. I aim the mirror towards me, so I can see myself doing the jumping jacks, etc. I wear two exercising bras and shorts, so I see my huge belly in the mirror. But instead of it grossing me out, it out actually motivates me to see my belly shaking during the jumping jacks. I try to imagine all that fat bouncing away. HaHa!!

Keep it up, and I will do the same!

You are SO right about those jumping jacks!! Oh my!!!!!! :yawn:
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I didn't think i was that out of shape until i did the first day, but it does get easier trust me it does.
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred on Monday and the first day I only made it through circut 2 before I had to throw down the weights and do the easy exercises. Today was my first day to do the whole thing with weights. It does get easier, just keep at it. You can do it!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the 1st time today....I used soup cans for weights....it was really tough, I tried to keep up....it was hard, but tomorrow is another day. If I can do it, anyone can.....best of luck!
  • traci2612
    Options
    I had a hard time my first day too! I have done other workouts prior to this (including P90x). I think 30DS is in some ways harder than P90x!! Stick with it, I have gotten better results from this than any other workout I have done!! I am on day 6 of level 3 now and still sometimes feel like I am gonna pass out!!!! Good luck!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I made it through the first day fine. Little winded but that's about it. The next day I sure felt the workout though, aaaah.
  • stitchinggirl
    Options
    The most important thing is that you started it.

My thought process with stuff like this is, do more tomorrow. 12 minutes instead of 11. Bottom line, just dont give up and keep building on what you've already accomplished.

Keep it up and in no time you'll start to see muscle definition. Imagine how sweet that will feel!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Keep trying to do whatever you can and each time you'll be stronger and able to do more!
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Here are some suggestions!

Start with all the modified moves and no weights until you can make it through the entire thing. If you can't do something, don't quit. Just keep moving. Maybe you'll be running in place or jumping rope or something but at least ry to keep moving through the entire workout. Eventually you'll be able to do it! Just don't turn it off! The harder you push yourself the easier it will get over time. But if you stop when it gets hard, you'll not improve your endurance! Good luck to you!
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I got my DVD yesterday and just attempted my first day. Yeah, that did not go so well for me. Unless a person is super in shape, do they actually make it through the first day or am I just that much out of shape? I don't even think I made a full 10 minutes and I had to stop. I am only 33 years old and I feel like what an 80 year old must feel like. Anyone else out there unable to make it through the first day or am I just a miserable failure? Level 1 is still playing on my DVD player and I quit over 10 minutes ago. I didn't even make it half way!!!!! COMPLETE FAILURE and I do not look forward to trying again tomorrow!!!!

Don't feel bad. I'm 33 also and 307lbs and I found it a little difficult. I modified the jumping jacks because I live on the 2nd floor of apt building and don't want to disturb my neighbors and moving around on the floor is bad for my knees. But I pushed through the workout. Try alternating between 30ds and a different cardio maybe this will help. Good luck.
  • allynady
    allynady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've learned that if I don't feel like I'm dying during her workouts then its time to move up a level, she wants you to feel like your dying, that's how you get results(her words), but it's true. I started level 2 this week and thought I was dying again and my weight loss doubled. So it's perfectly normal to feel like your dying:-)