You find...

Options
a wallet.. no license.. nothing to lead to the owner..but a pic of the two cutest kids you have ever seen... There is 500.00 in it... do you keep it or take it to the police station???

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    probably..if they have little kids they probably need the $$...but if it didnt have the pic Id keep it
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    turn it in, because karma has already paid me back for crap I've done in my past, so I sure don't want that added to it.
  • FiMama
    Options
    Take it to the police station...if it were me...I would want someone to just be honest!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    turn it in...or at least I would like to think I would. but it would be tempting to keep.
  • charlie18091980
    Options
    Never ever ever keep it!! I would always think of how I would feel, should it have been me that lost the wallet. You never know someone else's circumstances. I would take it to the nearest police station and let them know where you found it.

Also, if no one claims it, after a certain amount of time, you would get it anyway!!

Anything else is stealing, in my book, and no one like a thief!
  • nothingisred
    Options
    Turn it in. I'm too honest a person not to.

I found a really nice smartphone on the floor recently on the way to work and handed it to the police because a few months earlier I lost my phone and someone was nice enough to hand it in. It's a horrible feeling when you lose something like that!
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Turn it in...... hey why not.

Think bout if you lost yours.......
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'd call the police station and give my phone number and leave my details, so the person can be given my details to call me if they try to report it missing

I've handed in purses before and got the feeling the shop clerk etc was going to just keep the stuff!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'd keep it and spend it on hookers and blow.
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options

hahaha!
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options

BAHAHAHA!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Turn it in. 'You reap what you sow'.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

BAHAHAHA!

i found out how we are celebrating!!!!
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    I pulled up to the drive thru at the bank one day, pulled out the little container and it had almost 300.00 in various bills in it along with somebody stub for a car payment. Someone must have put it in there, pushed the button and drove away but it never went. I didn't have much money at that time but I knew if someone was making their car payment with cash and a lot of $1.00 bills they didn't have much money either. The teller filled the container with tootsie rolls and sent it back out to me! I felt really good for doing that but the thought of keeping it definately crossed my mind.

Also I grew up in a rural farm community, and a friend of mine found a wallet on the highway at a stop sign. It had almost 10,000 dollars in it. He knew the guy - filthy rich farmer. He took it to him the next day. Got a really nice 1000.00 reward! That would have been a tough decision. I can just see an angle on one shoulder and the devil on the other saying keep it, return it, keep it return it!

Have a great weekend!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

BAHAHAHA!

i found out how we are celebrating!!!!

Congratulations on reaching your goal.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Turn it in and leave your name and number. If they can't find the owner, they usually give it back to the person who found it. I list my wallet when I was a teen, and the man who found it sent it all back in the mail along with his business card. I kept it until it disintegrated, as a reminder that there are truly great people in the world.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    No idea what I'd do. I'd probably end up keeping it just for the fact that I wouldn't think about taking it to the police...I'd probably be so dumbfounded that I found a wallet with that much money in it...haha

When my mom lost her purse that contained $700 no one returned it to her and she had ID in it... NOW I know the problem - the pictures that she had of my sister and I were just not cute enough! LOL
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I've done the right thing before. Please pat me on the back.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    I've done the right thing before. Please pat me on the back.

Really? I don't get a story from you and how amazing you are because you did the right thing? If I could reach you I would give you a pat on the back! But thats becasue I think you are cute!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Honestly......... I would probably keep it. If there was no ID, no way of identifying the person, I would keep it. Karma owes me big time.