Changing calorie intake on MFP

Options
So, i just met with a trainer and need to increase my calorie intake from what MFP is telling me to intake. I still want to use the MFP to keep track of everything, but is there a way to change my "goal calories"??

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Click 'my home' then click 'goals' then click 'change goals' then choose the 'custom' option, which will allow you to manually input your desired calorie intake as well as allow you to tweak your macro percentages if needed. :-)
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Settings,
    Goals
    Change goals (at the bottom)

I've just changed mine too.
    Can I ask, what are you changing them from and to?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Most likely your trainer took your exercise intake into account when assigning calories, MFP ignores exercise until you log it, which is why MFP has you eat your calories back. It could have been a combination of that and your weekly weight loss goal may have been too aggressive.

so you can either set your caloric intake to the amount the trainer said, or adjust your activity level on MFP or, lower you weekly weight loss goal, by any of these 3 methods you should be able to get a caloric intake close to what the trainer suggested.
  • dlloyda
    Options
    The only way I know of is to go to My Home tab then Goals tab, then click change goals on the bottom. select Custom goals instead of guided goals. There you go.
  • jkrohmer
    Options
    i was at 1200 calories a day. though, i am a busy mom and wasn't eating but like 300 calories by dinner time. i am seeing no results and am working out 4-5 days a week. he changed my diet to 1500 calories a day, 5 meals at 300 calories each. i'm not allowed to step on a scale for two weeks while i adjust the diet. we'll see what happens!!!
  • jkrohmer
    Options
    Thanks everyone! i'm new here, so don't know all the ins and outs yet ;) have a good one!!