Bored

Options
I am just sitting in my room on MFP and its late, I need to go to bed but thought I would see how everyone is doing. How is the weather by everyone? It is raining here, ugh how I hate Michigan sometimes. I ate pretty good today with an exception of getting a burger and fries at Five Guys. I regret it now, but it was soo good. My boyfriend is the one who causes me to eat bad food, he doesn't believe me but I swear when I am alone I eat healthy and when I am with him I eat bad. Anywho, hope everyone's weightloss is going good!:smile:

-Danielle

p.s. any good dinner recipes? I am looking for new ideas.:happy:

Replies

• healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    I am just sitting in my room on MFP and its late, I need to go to bed but thought I would see how everyone is doing. How is the weather by everyone? It is raining here, ugh how I hate Michigan sometimes. I ate pretty good today with an exception of getting a burger and fries at Five Guys. I regret it now, but it was soo good. My boyfriend is the one who causes me to eat bad food, he doesn't believe me but I swear when I am alone I eat healthy and when I am with him I eat bad. Anywho, hope everyone's weightloss is going good!:smile:

-Danielle

• fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options
    Why does your boyfriend make you eat bad food?

:smile:
  • schmexybella
    Options
    It was hailing a coupla minutes ago, but it's all warm now...I love seattle sometimes :)
    Didjya work out any? It sounds like your bf is one of thoses peeps who can eat whateva for the price of zero weight gain....
  • babardean
    Options
    maybe you get to be the example of what others can do in your situation. I climbed a small mountian with my hubby and daughter, 2 miles up and 2 miles down. We had a great healthy lunch and for dinner i had a goodbye dinner with some lady friends and ate 3 enchilads. but i didn't have sour cream or much cheese. So they weren't too bad but it keeps me close to my calorie intake. So hopefull i can keep up the exercise and eat healthier and healthier.
  • fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/49382-seared-tuna-with-honey-wasabi-sauce
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    hc,

I know it's hard to hear, but I'm going to tell you this anyway. Know that I'm saying this to try to help you.

NOBODY is causing you to eat badly. That is a choice you have made. I made that same mistake for years, once I stopped deflecting and telling myself it's someone else's fault, that's when this lifestyle really started to work for me. I want you to read something I wrote a long time ago, I think it's important so hopefully you will gain something from it.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/13618-the-dying-art-of-will-power

I hope you understand that I'm coming from a place of both understanding and realization for you.

best luck in your journey.

-Banks
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    hc,

I know it's hard to hear, but I'm going to tell you this anyway. Know that I'm saying this to try to help you.

NOBODY is causing you to eat badly. That is a choice you have made. I made that same mistake for years, once I stopped deflecting and telling myself it's someone else's fault, that's when this lifestyle really started to work for me. I want you to read something I wrote a long time ago, I think it's important so hopefully you will gain something from it.

I hope you understand that I'm coming from a place of both understanding and realization for you.

-Banks

Banks I DO get where you're coming from, and I cannot say my indulgences are anyone's but my own- but have a significant other that loves junk food and have never had to worry about his weight DOES complicate things. Most of the time I can handle it but throw in a stressful day or a handful of PMS and I am all over that ice cream with him. It might not be his FAULT but he sure doesn't help matters, lol. :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    hc,

-Banks

Banks I DO get where you're coming from, and I cannot say my indulgences are anyone's but my own- but have a significant other that loves junk food and have never had to worry about his weight DOES complicate things. Most of the time I can handle it but throw in a stressful day or a handful of PMS and I am all over that ice cream with him. It might not be his FAULT but he sure doesn't help matters, lol. :flowerforyou:

True enough, that's different though IMHO. Being tempted by others, and saying they are the cause of your eating habits are two different things. You can ask that your SO be sensitive to your needs and wants, but that still doesn't make them the reason you don't eat healthy. I'm not saying it doesn't make it hard, I'm saying that once you take responsibility for it, it becomes easier to resist those temptations because the control is yours. See what I'm getting at?
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Thankfully my wife and I are on the same page with health and fitness. We want to be healthy for our children and grandson. We want to be healthy for each other. We enjoy fitting into slim & stylish chothes. For those spouses or significant others who do not eat well...THEY are the problem!!! Eating well should be the norm. Our society has made eating junk food fashionable. Let's stand our ground and make them choose to live a healthy lifestyle. For me, there is no turning back!