almond milk VS. 2% milk

Options
I just tried Almond Milk(unsweetened) by Blue Diamond with my cereal & it tasted OK. ALMOND MILK VS. 2%MILK: It has 40 cal./cup vs. 2%milk @ 122cal./cup, less fat & carbs, more fiber, less protein, but almost double the sodium!
What's best: 2/3 less calories, & double sodium, OR 2/3 more calories, & 1/2 sodium????:huh:

Replies

• peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    I started to drink almond milk mainly because it is in low calorie and has double the calcium.
    However, I am not able to stick with it for long - I am going back to my old good dairy milk.
    So, the question is can you stick to it?

As for the sodium question, it makes you bloated because of water retention.
    So, the choice is yours!
  • misslissa121
    Options
    I prefer Silk over Blue Diamond, it has more calcium, but also more calories at 90 calories/8oz. It also depends though on what I am using it for. For ceral, blue diamond is fine, and I don't need the extra calcium because I am on calcium supplements. But if I do like the silk because I can also use it in my coffee and if I am just drinking it in a glass it taste better. As a woman I go for the least amount of sodium to help with water retention.

Edit: I also avoid dairy, it makes me feel heavy and nauseas