Change of mindset

Options
Carfoodel
Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
I am at that stage where its almost embarrasing how many compliments I am getting at work and uni, people tell me they can see a big difference as my face has slimmed down and I look really healthy, like shiny hair and healthy skin.

On previous attempts to lose weight I have used a little book to count calories and I was quite disciplined - but mostly it was massive gym sessions - I would set targets like 7000 calories a week etc and wouldn't allow myself to leave the gym until I had burned 1000 or swam 80 lengths etc. I used to skip the weights more often that not as the calorie burn was too low for my liking - that was then...

Having discovered MFP - ironically just to see if I could find something electronic to record my food - I have a very different approach
1) I don't feel so isolated - not just "going it alone"
2) although it was just about calorie count - now its about the macro's and my food choices are getting better all the time.
3) I don't feel the urge to spend 3 hours at the gym 5 times a week - I only go 3 or 4 times a week for 60 to 90 mins - I work damned hard when I am there but its not like some sort of punishment for getting myself this size - I just love that I am getting fit. I love doing my weights.
4) With the healthy eating and exercise it doesn't feel like some sort of persona I am adopting until I lose weight - this is me - this is how I am and this is my life and I am living and loving it and I am just working on getting healthier and fitter.

I will post some pictures soon - I had it in my mind to take some at the 40 lbs mark and I am nearly there with that, I just wanted to say that I do feel a success and I am happy that i've found mfp as it's made the difference.

Replies

• KCharron20
    Options
    Congratulations! Awesome Post! Keep up the great work.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Thank you, very kind :) and well done on your loss - 94lbs is fantastic can't wait till I am wracking up numbers like that myself :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!