Eat Cookies and Lose Weight

Options
Are you freakin' kidding me? Really?! I just saw this 'Smart for Life' commercial where you replace breakfast and lunch with a 'doctor designed good for you cookie' that is make with extracts of healthy stuff like vegies, fruits, and dairy. PLUS they say, it'll save you $1200 a year in groceries. :ohwell:

Are they serious? Because THAT is going to teach you to eat healthy :noway: It'd be hard as he!! for me to only eat ONE cookie every 6 hours. I'd consider that bordering on anorexia.

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    Are you freakin' kidding me? Really?! I just saw this 'Smart for Life' commercial where you replace breakfast and lunch with a 'doctor designed good for you cookie' that is make with extracts of healthy stuff like vegies, fruits, and dairy. PLUS they say, it'll save you $1200 a year in groceries. :ohwell:

Are they serious? Because THAT is going to teach you to eat healthy :noway: It'd be hard as he!! for me to only eat ONE cookie every 6 hours. I'd consider that bordering on anorexia.
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Whoa me too! Sounds like a ridiculous idea!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    My Uncle did the diet back in the 90's.... it's basically like a protein bar meal replacement. He lost a lot of weight, very quickly, and promptly gained it back.

And the "cookies" were more like fibre discs - they were revolting.
    :sick:
  • jackiOmy
    jackiOmy Posts: 26
    Options
    A friend of mine is on it , and she got me a weeks worth to try ..... I have NEVER spit out anything , they were so disgusting and had absolutly NO flavor ! I don't know how anyone can last on this , besides she keeping gaining everytime she eat real food !!!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    hahaha I saw something like this in the mall at a kiosk.

As I approached the kiosk to kinda check it out they had a big sign that said: "ABSOLUTELY NO RETURNS! ALL SALES FINAL"

Probably because they taste like *kitten*! :laugh:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Yea, I wouldn't imagine they could taste very good- if they did, and they worked, everyone would be doing that! :laugh:
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    I had seen that at Costco online. I almost ordered it but then decided against it because, you could just buy power bars basically. Now that I am eating clean I am feeling great and am so glad I didn't order it :)
  • tracy421
    tracy421 Posts: 3
    Options
    and by the way... gross! I bet they taste like poo!

better to eat balanced every day and have a cookie once in a while. calories and fat and all!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Oh - they work - on the premise of calories restriction, in that you eat one for breakfast, one for lunch, and then a "sensible" dinner, and "light snack". Calories would be 200+200+500+100 = 1000

You will lose weight doing that, but what happens when you start eating foods again and your metabolism has come to a hault?

I agree with you ladies, eat sensible food and lose it slowly.
    :flowerforyou: