Any ladies take any supplements like protein shakes?

Options
I have about 10lbs to lose and to tighten up all over. I was wondering if anyone takes any supplements like whey protein shakes or anything. I want to be trim and have lean muscle so any advice for me?

Thanks

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I do a 100calorie Designer Whey Shake in the afternoon. Takes the edge off the hunger inbetween lunch and dinner.
  • sallyspan
    sallyspan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I drink a 100 calorie protein shake (one scoop protein, 12 oz water) before my workouts. It keeps me energized and also keeps my blood sugar from dropping during strenuous workouts.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yes I take 3 supplements a day:

Nutek Pro5 Mocha Cappachino Whey Protein Shake
    Womens 1-a-Day active matabolism (has caffeine)
    Power Bar High Intensity Beta Alanine (helps with muscle fatique great for runners)
  • susanstpeter
    susanstpeter Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a chocolate whey protein shake with Skim milk and sm banana (or berries). I have been using it as a breacfast or lunch. (300 cals, 20 grams protein. It really does the trick.
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I take a 160cal. protien(30g.) shake 3 times a week for breakfast.
  • kiki41
    kiki41 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I drink whey protein shakes before a workout and also at least once for a snack every day. I take fish oil too.. you should look into taking that. I take calcium2x a day as well. Also I am starting branched chain amino acids
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    On most days I have a protein shake using one scoop of whey protein powder (I like Optimum Nutrition powder) and 1/2 to 3/4 of milk and then I add some water to make it 1 cup. Sometimes on the weekends instead of milk with the powder I will put in the blender some french vanilla powder with 1-2 servings of fruit (normally strawberries, bananas, etc) to make a smoothie. Comes out very good and takes care of my fruit servings in a very filling and delicious way.