Never realized I did this

Options
AwMyLoLo
AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
I have been doing really well tracking my calorie and nutrition intake, and have felt really good. But I never realized when I get stressed, the first thing I do is crave junk food! Yesterday, I had to rush my friend to the ER because she passed out and hit her head at work. My thought process was, "OMG, get in the car, we're going to the ER... I want pizza and a beer." I am so worried about her today I am craving junk food. How do I get past this feeling and stick to my healthy foods, because I know I should. There is pizza in the fridge here at work!!!!!:cry:

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I have been doing really well tracking my calorie and nutrition intake, and have felt really good. But I never realized when I get stressed, the first thing I do is crave junk food! Yesterday, I had to rush my friend to the ER because she passed out and hit her head at work. My thought process was, "OMG, get in the car, we're going to the ER... I want pizza and a beer." I am so worried about her today I am craving junk food. How do I get past this feeling and stick to my healthy foods, because I know I should. There is pizza in the fridge here at work!!!!!:cry:
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    you could try going to the store, buy your own ingriedents making your own pizza. Switch to a low sodium sauce, switch to whole wheat and and low fat cheese.

You can still have pizza but you need to make it yourself if you want it to be healhier per slice.
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    When I'm stressed, upset, emotional, bored, etc (all things that usually cause me to over-eat and nosh incessantly) I try to hit the gym! :bigsmile: I feel like if I'm stressed or worked up, I can get my frustrations out by pushing myself harder at the gym. I find that it really helps me to relax, focus on breathing and my strength. I allow a SOLID 90 minutes to take my time doing weights and some intense cardio. :flowerforyou: Hope your friend is doing well and hang in there. You deserve to resist the cravings because you've been working hard - but if you can't say no (which trust me, we all have our moments) - at least make sure you get in an extra workout to counteract the sodium/calories! Drink up your water (may also help make you feel full)! :drinker: Best of luck!
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    this has always been a big issue for me and I am very new to this but I don't know how healthy it is but it is way better than the over eating I use to do. So I have some 100 calorie snacks in the house and if I feel the urge to snack I grab one of those. And it helps me