Polar FT4 Views?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ide_tiffany
    Options
    Yup love mine too. Plus it is pink :laugh:
    I didn't know it came in PINK! I would so have bought a pink one.
    Mine's grey and I am happy with it.
  • schmidtka70
    Options
    No...the FT4: User-replaceable battery. Love mine!
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I bought an FT4 about a month ago and absolutely love it. I find its motivating when I use it because I have a more clear idea of how well I am working out. I also find it easy to use.

I also looked into the difference between the FT4 and the FT7. What the store manager told me, and what was validated by polar is that they have the same functions. The only difference is that the FT7 allows you to create a profile on the polar website to use in training and to track your workouts. I figured since I already have MFP to do that, the FT7 wasn't worth the extra money.

I was told that's the only difference. I also know people who ahve the FT7 - and I have never heard of them being able anything that I can't do with the FT4.
  • abbie72003
    abbie72003 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So the FT4 you have to send it away to get the battery changed ?

I just recently changed mine on my own. They recommend not doing it yourself if its still under warranty and replacing the seal for the back, but there isn't any place available near where in live (western canada). Really easy to replace on your own and I've had no problems with it since replacing the battery.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    My FT4 came with a chest strap.
  • attcute
    attcute Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT...USE IT WITH EVERY WORKOUT...ITS A GREAT MOTIVATION..DEFINITELY WORTH THE INVESTMENT!!
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    I have one. best investment i ever made towards my weight loss goals. The one day i forgot to take it to the gym, i was so miserable because i couldnt track calories burned.
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Did you purchase at a local retailer or online?
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Love mine. Got it from Amazon (US). Love the functions, timer, calorie counter etc. I can change the battery myself.

I had a few issues with it not immediately picking up my heartrate, but if i leave going it while i put my shoes on etc, by the time i'm ready it's reading it.

If i recall, the FT4 sold in the UK didn't have the cal counter, but i could be wrong.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for about a month. Love it! I paid too much for it at Best Buy (found it later on Amazon and other sites for much less), but I was impatient. I agree with the other reviews; it's probably the best investment I've made with the exception of my gym membership and personal training sessions. Wel worth it, even if I did pay too much for mine.

(and mine's pink too. :flowerforyou:)
  • Prefessa
    Options
    Is there a battery in the pickup on the Chest strap and can you change that yourself as well???

Seen these in ****s SG's Locally...they have em in black, brown and pink....I think I'll stick with Black....Because its slimming.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I wish I had gotten the pink or the black, the bronze is starting to look gross (i.e. turning green).
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    So the FT4 you have to send it away to get the battery changed ?

You can change the battery in the FT4 yourself.