New! Here for support and motivation

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Amanda. I'm new to my fitness pal. I have used other calorie counters in the past. I've also done weight watchers in the past and had success with that but could not afford it any longer. I'm here for support and motivation. My biggest downfall is usually when I stop tracking food.

My short term goal is to lose 30 pounds. I do have a longer term goal in mind but I want to make my short term goal before sharing my long term. I need to lose weight because I have some medical issues where the extra weight I am carrying is more harmful to me. But more importantly I WANT to lose weight. I WANT to be healthier. I also WANT to keep it off this time! Sometime in the (hopefully near) future my husband and I want to have children and I want to be able to a) keep up with them and b) set a good example for eating habits and activity.

Right now the biggest roadblock I am facing is the inability to really exercise so I am really watching my calorie intake. Once I am able to I really want to start walking or doing some other low-impact exercises.

This turned out to be a bit longer then intended but I figure if I put my goals out there then I need to hold myself accountable to them.

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• 2Grtkids
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me. Good luck as you continue your journey!
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I love this site, 1. it's free and 2. the people are pretty awesome. Supportive and motivating. Fee free to add me.
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello i am recently new to fitness pal myself but not to trying to lose weight it is always a battle but it can be won you just have to beleive in yoursel and think of each day as a new day and don't beat yourself up for yesterday if you want to add me as a friend

by ll means do we could all use motivational support and it helps but dont worry succes will come ,,

Teresa
  • mizboyer
    mizboyer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well!!!
    Good luck and let's keep motivating one another:):happy:
  • csquirrel
    Options
    I'm new here also. I just signed up 2 days ago. I started my new (old) food plan (The Zone...I love it). 2 weeks ago and realized I was in desperate need of a support group and tracking system to help me stay accountable and on track.

I had a baby 2 years ago and just never made the effort to lose the last 10 lbs. I'd like to get back to my pre-baby body and pre-baby weight.

I hope we can support eachother through the journey.

17562271.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Olly65
    Options
    Hi everyone - don't normaly do this but need some help as I have been religiously sticking to the calorie count (1400 for my liefstyle) for three weeks and after losing two pounds I am stuck. arggg
  • savingsunday
    savingsunday Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!