Does this happen to anyone?

Options
I usually do between an hour to an hour and a half of cardio 5x a week and alternate upper body and lower body weight training...problem is my toes and butt go numb...does this happen to anyone or does anyone know why this is happening?

Replies

• Catalpa62
    Catalpa62 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My toes used to go numb when I did the elliptical. I figured that wasn't a very good thing (numbness = lack of blood flow) and stopped doing it. Never found out what caused it, though.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that you aren't alone!!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    My toes go numb on the elliptical too. I would like to know why. I have no clue.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    My toes go numb on the elliptical too. I would like to know why. I have no clue.

flex them every once in awhile while you're working out. They go numb because they aren't moving and often arent' getting good blood flow. You have one primary artery that gives blood to the foot. If you tie your shoes tight and then have the muscles in ankle and foot tensed up for a long period of time, you're cutting blood flow to foot and pressing down on nerves as well. Flex your toes inside your shoe at times and that helps.
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Are your shoes too tight?
    This has happened to me a few times (I'm a runner) and making sure my shoes are nice and loose has fixed the problem in minutes.
  • lovinmysoldier
    lovinmysoldier Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wear firmer soled shoes (is that proper English??). The cushy soles designed for impact exercises make your feet go numb because they are pressed firmly into your soles without being lifted up allowing blood flow to your toes.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    my feet and my johnson go numb on the excercis bike.
  • goldengoose4
    goldengoose4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    my toes go numb during boxing classes, i think its because when i exercise i try and grip my toes to the floor,
    sounds odd i know!