Diabetic cookie recipe?

Options
HealthierMamasita
HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
Does anyone have a really good diabetic cookie recipe?
My husband and girls are going to my mother in-laws house for a few days in CT and would love to send her some baked yummies but I don't have any recipes that will suit her diabetes.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• HealthierMamasita
    Options
    Does anyone have a really good diabetic cookie recipe?
    My husband and girls are going to my mother in-laws house for a few days in CT and would love to send her some baked yummies but I don't have any recipes that will suit her diabetes.

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    You can actually buy granulated splenda and use it in place of sugar. Just replace the sugar at a 1:1 ratio and you'll have yourself diabetic cookies :)

I do it every year for christmas as a gift for my family, they're all diabetic.
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    You can actually buy granulated splenda and use it in place of sugar. Just replace the sugar at a 1:1 ratio and you'll have yourself diabetic cookies :)

I do it every year for christmas as a gift for my family, they're all diabetic.
    See, I was going to do that but I got confused when I searched for diabetic cookie recipes and saw that the recipe called for regular sugar.... diabetics are suppose to stay away from regular sugar right?..:huh:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    They're supposed to stay away from all simple sugars if I remember correctly, but since most nutrients can be broken down into sugars by your body a lot of it comes down to moderation. However, cutting out regular sugar does make things easier.

You can ignore the recipe calling for regular sugar and just replace it with splenda, it should be fine. If you're concerned about the swap, on the back of the splenda bags they usually have cookie recipes you can try :)
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    They're supposed to stay away from all simple sugars if I remember correctly, but since most nutrients can be broken down into sugars by your body a lot of it comes down to moderation. However, cutting out regular sugar does make things easier.

You can ignore the recipe calling for regular sugar and just replace it with splenda, it should be fine. If you're concerned about the swap, on the back of the splenda bags they usually have cookie recipes you can try :)
    I'm not concerned about the swap b/c Splenda is the only sweetner I use unless I use applesauce.
    I will make her my yummy raspberry thumbprint cookies. My rugrats can do the thumbprint part :wink:
    Thanks Mateo!

• ladybug3
    ladybug3 Posts: 65
    Options
    Careful with Splenda. My dad is diabetic and Splenda does the same as real sugar to his blood sugar.:sick:
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    Careful with Splenda. My dad is diabetic and Splenda does the same as real sugar to his blood sugar.:sick:
    My mother in-law uses Splenda. Has been for a few years.