OOOPS!

Options
Last night was my bowling banquet. A true recipe for disaster.:laugh: I did manage to only have 3 NA beers, but "grazed" on some chips and dip and a small slice of pizza. I had about 500 calories left when I got there, but am sure I went over on calories, fat and sodium.

The scale reflects this, with a 2 pound weight gain (I realize this is due to the salt). Besides lots of water today, do you try to short your calories the next couple of days, or just go back to the normal plan?

Replies

• pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    Last night was my bowling banquet. A true recipe for disaster.:laugh: I did manage to only have 3 NA beers, but "grazed" on some chips and dip and a small slice of pizza. I had about 500 calories left when I got there, but am sure I went over on calories, fat and sodium.

The scale reflects this, with a 2 pound weight gain (I realize this is due to the salt). Besides lots of water today, do you try to short your calories the next couple of days, or just go back to the normal plan?
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I would stick to my calories today, not cut back, especially if you're on 1200/day. You don't want to go below that. Get in an extra workout today & drink that water! Maybe you'll burn a few extra calories making those extra trips to the bathroom! :happy:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    extra workout and lots of water to flush it out. stay on your reg. calorie count. this is a life style change. it will happen again and again. just up your water and workout a little harder.
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    Thank you cruisin and chipper. I appreciate the advice.:smile:
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    I know it sounds silly, but i've been reading and reading and obsessing about everything food and exercise related since starting my healthier lifestyle in March. According to MFP I should be hanging right around 1200 to 1300 calories per day in order to lose between 1 and 2 pounds per week. Have I fallen off the band wagon? Oh yeah. I believe it was my other personality that stepped in and sneaked 3 slices of pizza while I was trying to be so good yesterday. Was I bummed at my lack of willpower? Yep. Am I human? Yep, still human. In order to MAINTAIN my weight I learned in my research that I should be eating 2400 calories per day. If I want to lose slow but keep on losing I should be eating about 2000 per day. I am not seeing a big change on the scale anymore but I am seeing inches disappear and my stamina is through the roof compared to what it was a month ago. Will I continue to kick myself for my lack of will power when I have a tough day, probably. I just won't kick myself so hard because not only is there always a chance to dust myself off and get right back on track with my new lifestyle, there is still no way that with my 3 slices of pizza that I reached the 2400 calorie mark yesterday to just MAINTAIN that weight. So when you get frustrated and hungry, just know that you are still being human and because you made the choice to embark on a healthier future (even if you have a bad day) you are probably still a SUCCESS!!!! YAY!!