FYI re: Shape Ups, Easy Tones, etc

Options
2»

Replies

• jennifeffer
    jennifeffer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think (pretty sure about it though) that I heard on the news a few weeks back that there is actually a class action lawsuit against either Sketchers or Reebok because of the injuries these shoes have caused.

I wouldn't doubt it. And me saying they look silly wasn't meant to offend anyone. I'd probably wear my clothes backwards if someone convinced me that it would make me lose weight!!lol Funny, i bought a pair of K-Swiss this morning and i was looking at the shape ups. I just can't get past how they look!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    All I can say about this is how silly they look. I've seen so many people wearing them and they look ridiculous.

Ha ha, me too............

I prefer Vibrams.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I think (pretty sure about it though) that I heard on the news a few weeks back that there is actually a class action lawsuit against either Sketchers or Reebok because of the injuries these shoes have caused.

"Reebok has agreed to pay $25 million to settle a Federal Trade Commission lawsuit that charges that the company’s “toning” shoes do not reshape customers’ bodies as advertised."
    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/americas/united-states/110928/reebok-settles-easytone-lawsuit-ftc

And
    California Product Liability Lawyers File Lawsuit Against Skechers
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/skechers-shape-ups-injury/estey-bomberger-lawsuit/prweb9095152.htm
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I got mine on clearance for $20. I love them. BUT they are for walking only. Not for elliptical, running, treadmill, raquetball, etc. If you use them for what they were made for, they are awesome!

In the long run you are only hurting your back and hips...........

What is so awesome about that?
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Guess I'm in the minority... I love mine. Got them for Christmas and think they are great. I don' t feel they help me to lose weight,but also don't feel they make me look silly or ridiculous, don't feel that I am 'unbalanced', don't think of them for much of anything besides that they are a very comfy pair of sneakers... Probably the most comfy I have ever owned. :tongue: