Nutrition NSV!

Options
I don't know what to call it...that's what it feels like, though. I like cooking. I've been having fun cooking different (healthy) meals or healthier versions of meals I already enjoy. DH and I have never really eaten the same foods. It used to be frustrating, but now it's just how it is. But when I cook something new, I always let him try it. Sometimes he likes it, but rarely enough to make a meal out of it. However, one of my favorite meals is what I call healthy Chinese. It's baked teriyaki chicken, about a scant half cup, if it's small pieces, 1/3 cup of rice cooked with low sodium chicken broth and water (half and half) and a generous cup of steamed broccoli florets, mixed together with a dash of low sodium soy sauce. Less than 350 calories a serving, and DELICIOUS. After a week, I finally got him to try a bite (he's not big on broccoli, and that is, admittedly, a large portion of the meal) and he LOVED it. It definitely feels like a victory. He was even cool with the proportion of chicken to broccoli. Since he needs to lose weight as well, this is definitely a meal going into rotation in our house. (He'll probably just eat two servings, since he needs a lot more calories than I do.) My only wish is that the sodium was a little lower, but as this is the only really high sodium meal I cook, it's not so bad. And again, delicious!