Trying to lose for Hubby's 30th HS Reunion

Options
Not really sure how to start this off, so here I go - my hubby and I have a goal to lose (at least) 30# for his 30th reunion. We figured at 1.5 lbs per week we would get there without too much of a problem. I started off with a bang, losing 3 lbs the first and 2nd weeks, and the 3rd week I didn't lose. I'm near the end of the 4th week and I haven't lost much, but I still have a couple of days to go before I weigh in (Monday).

We have been working the Body For Life program, doing upper body, cardio, legs/abs, cardio, upper body, cardio the six days and switching to legs/abs, cardio, upper body, cardio, legs/abs, cardio the 2nd week (basically two-week rotations). Since I'm not trying to bulk up on muscle, I'm keeping my weight regimen the same during strength training, hoping to gain endurance first, and working myself out on the treadmill between 3.0-4.0 mph for 30 minutes. I can't run just yet because of my asthma, but I expect it will improve as I lose some of this extra weight.

I'm thinking that part of the reason I haven't lost much is because I got bored with my snack regimen. I need something to change it up. For the last 3-4 weeks I've been eating a yogurt and 1/4 cup of walnuts, and I'm burned out on it so I tend not to eat it when I should. Fortunately I finished the last 1/4 cup of walnuts yesterday!

Anyway, I'm happy that a friend of mine posted that she is also using myfitnesspal, as it's helping me to keep a log of what I'm eating and giving me an electronic exercise "journal". I would love to meet some people in the community and maybe learn some tips from others of you on how you change things up to keep it exciting.

Thanks!

Vickie