What things to add to an omelette??

Chika_2015
Chika_2015 Posts: 357 Member
Okay, i am running out of ideas of what types of things to add to my egg white omelettes.

My usual ingredients are: Onions, Peppers, mushrooms, cheese and Spinach.

What types of goodies do you add to yours?

Replies

• LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 720 Member
    You could add bean sprouts or water chestnuts :)
  • I like to use Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles. I usually only use half a serving (1/3 cup and it's only 40 cals) with 2-3 egg whites, a wedge of laughing cow cheese (queso or french onion flavor) and some red bell pepper and onions! It is soooo good, you get lots of protein and its under 150 cals!
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    1 whole egg, 3 egg whites, 1 cup Broccoli, 1/4 cup fat free shredded cheddar and 2oz ham slices cut into ribbons. Scramble all together and thank me later :)
  • Inchoately
    Inchoately Posts: 11 Member
    Siracha. Just siracha and anything. But, I like spicy foods.

I like just doing one whole egg, two egg whites, spinach, onions, and siracha. But, I like frying them so the one yolk of the egg is still a little runny. It makes the egg whites seem less lame.

I'm sure you can do a lighter calorie huevos rancheros...with black beans, cilantro, salsa..and if you have the cals to spend on a crisp corn tortilla. Maybe you can use a few tortilla strips (in the salad aisle) instead of one big tortilla.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    seriously asparagus cut it into little pieces..its so good
    or try adding pesto, yeah i know sounds wierd but ive had both and they are really good
  • Mine always PLAIN OMELETTE ;D
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Tomato...avocado...
  • I made a scramble the other day with zucchini, tomato, cilantro, turkey breast lunch meat and green bell pepper the other day. It was really good.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Chorizo/mustard/black olives/bacon/garlic/beansprouts/prawns/chicken/potato/spices/chilli peppers.
    I love omlettes so depending on when i eat them depends what I'll put in.
  • Lkycharm
    Lkycharm Posts: 4 Member
    Hormel Turkey Pepperoni, salsa, basil, cilantro, along with all the other things you mentioned.
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    feta cheese is a good one. mmmmm
    turkey bacon
    broccoli ??
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    instead of using cheddar cheese in mine, I've been using the garlic & herb skinny cow wedges! I just drop a dab in and drop another and so on. They don't melt and run but once I start eating you get these little burst of flavor in every bite! It is soooo yummy!